General Discussion Race Reports! » Boulder Tri Babes Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Boulder Tri Babes Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Longmont, Colorado
United States
65F / 18C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 19m
Overall Rank = 25/223
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 6/38
Pre-race routine:

Dave and I stayed in Longmont since we were up that way for his race on Saturday. I got up around 5:15 to get my stuff together and eat breakfast. Had 1/2 bagel with peanut butter, cereal and oj. Got to race start about 6:40 and got my transition set up.
Event warmup:

Probably not what it should have been. It was pretty cool at the start so I just tried to keep warm and got my wetsuit on about 15 min prior to the race start. I was really nervous for this race.
Swim
  • 15m 28s
  • 750 meters
  • 02m 04s / 100 meters
Comments:

Wow, so many things went through my head during this swim. I just didn't do well. I was battling with myself the whole time! About half-way, I attempted to slap myself in the face (mentally) and tried to get it together. I did better then but still felt the anxiety and like my wetsuit was choking me. I know that more open water swimming would eliminate this problem. I was just glad to be done and without needing the assistance of the lifeguards.
What would you do differently?:

Practice open water swimming more. Since this is the last tri of the season for me, this is a goal for next season.
Transition 1
  • 02m 1s
Comments:

After leaving the water it was a long run through transition to my bike. Having cold feet and being barefoot, it was hard to move very fast and kinda painful. To exit the transition, I had to run the bike about 100 feet out of the parking lot and onto a dirt road where we could mount the bike but I chose to run about 20 feet more to the pavement. Trying to ride my new tri bike on pot-holed dirt was not a good idea.

nothing really...did the best I could with how things were laid out.
Bike
  • 37m 52s
  • 12 miles
  • 19.01 mile/hr
Comments:

Since this was 3-loop course it was a little difficult to get up to top speed and keep it there. There were lots of corners and traffic of other riders. Again, I did the best I could considering the course. Again, I ran into the problem of the dirt road and a ways to run the bike till the transition mat. My garmin got about 13.7miles and 20.5mph.

Nothing, felt great on my new bike! I love it!!!
Transition 2
  • 01m 19s
Comments:

Hard to run from jumping off the bike on the dirt road to the bike rack. The area was just not ideal for this .

Nothing, I guess.
Run
  • 22m 21s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

I think that this run was short. I am not that fast of an open 5k runner. My garmin got 2.68 miles, so I am not really sure what the actual distance was. Somewhere in between the two I suppose. The road was very "washboard" and hard to find a good spot that was smooth.

Push a little harder, I think I had a little more.
Post race
Warm down:

Walking and some stretching. It started to spit rain so we didn't stick around for too long.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

NEED TO SWIM OPEN WATER MORE!!!

Last updated: 2008-08-05 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:28 | 750 meters | 02m 04s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/38
Overall: 102/223
Performance: Below average
Suit: Profile Bionik 2
Course: The swim will begin with an in water start - waist high. Athletes will proceed to swim a 1 loop (750m) counter-clockwise course, keeping the all the buoys on their left. The rectangle swim will finish by keeping the last buoy on their left to maintain an accurate distance and exiting at the blue carpet / red flags.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current:
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:01
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:37:52 | 12 miles | 19.01 mile/hr
Overall: 9/223
Performance: Good
Wind: None
Course: The roads are open to traffic. Please ride on the right hand side of the road unless instructed by a police officer. This is a 3x loop course (4 mile loops). After completion of your third loop you will head straight back into the transition area
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills:
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:19
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:22:21 | 03.1 miles | 07m 13s  min/mile
Overall: 36/223
Performance: Good
Course: The 5k run will be and out and back course on a single dirt road. The course is relatively flat and fast with one gradual hill at approximately the 1 mile mark.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes