HSBC Triathlon Series
23+C / 73F
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 48m 46s
Overall Rank = 63/211
Age Group = >20
Age Group Rank = 3/6
Pre-race routine:

Hahahahaha!!! I was in mint condition...this was going to be my A race. Had a solid breakfast at 5:50, and ready for race around 9:05. Got to the transition area organized my stuff.... tied shoes up correctly and went to the washroom to take a nice douce.
Event warmup:

Heres where things went brutally wrong. I jumped on the bike, did a quick 4k spin, got off the bike and did running excercises, then quickly stretched everything out.
THEN!! about 5 minutes before the swim, i grabbed my little stretchy thing, to warmup for the swim. Not expecting it, i wrapped it around the end of te under20 bike rack, and started to pull around to loosen up my arms. I then pulled the ed of the bike rack off and it came slamming down in the bone of my big toe. Ohh it hurt like hell!!... so i started walking around, and it was sore as could be, but didnt think much of it. Took a quick urination, then headed into the water to warmup before the swim. Wow...i could not beleive what happened.(after T2)..read on
Swim
  • 12m 3s
  • 750 meters
  • 01m 37s / 100 meters
Comments:

I came out of the water with no pain in my foot, at least that i could remember...quick run into transition across beach.
What would you do differently?:

Start a lot faster...and get into at least the top 10, then follow their pace. .... oh yeah and warmup a little more ----> correctly lmfao!
Transition 1
  • 01m 37s
Comments:

Dropped my goggles in water, had to stop.... stood up to early and lost energy running through the water.

swim untill i could swim no more, and was forced to stand up.
Bike
  • 53m 6s
  • 30 kms
  • 33.90 km/hr
Comments:

I hada solid bike ride,taking down 1 gel at the 16k mark, I think it helped for the last 4-5 hills, im not sure because its the first time ive ever eaten an nergy gel. Constant burn, passed by some older people and relays but deffinately pulled away from the majority of good bikers.

I would realize "during" the bike ride that i could not run, and I would give 100% of my efort into the bike, and not save anything. (because it was pointless)
Transition 2
  • 00m 42s
Comments:

Uh ohh...i said to myself as a slipped on my running left sock and running shoe....

Not drop a god damn bike rack on the top of my foot, before the triathlon.
Run
  • 42m 14s
  • 7.5 kms
  • 05m 38s  min/km
Comments:

As soon as i took my first 3 steps with my shoes on, i had realized i could not run at my pace....lol

Again.... not drop the god dam bike rack on my foot...simple as that. Oh yeah, and maybe take the DNF, because I am pretty swelled up today.
Post race
Warm down:

Pure frustration with some hat slamming and laughing

What limited your ability to perform faster:

oh jeesus! as if this question is in here .... my stupid decision making skills!

Event comments:

Solid swim and bike, wish i woulda known i could not run, strip some time off my 2 times. Very nice race course, excellent roads for both running and biking. The water temp and waves waves were perfect, could have pulled out the 4 million weeds, but doesnt bother me. Nice Lake. Very nice transition area. 1 Change i would recommend is not to have such a skinny sharp turn 15M before finish line...ruins the sprints.

Post race: Great food, plenty of picnic tables and places to relax, very well organised. Great prizes, and good medal ceremony thingamajig.
Great race, and competition.

Last updated: 2008-09-21 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:12:03 | 750 meters | 01m 37s / 100meters
Age Group: 2/6
Overall: 20/211
Performance: Good
Suit: Waterskiing Wetsuit
Course: 1 Large loop counterclockwise, in a very shallow lake. Started knee deep, and had weeds all over your forearms for 30% of the swim.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 70F / 21C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Good Navigation: Good
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:37
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:53:06 | 30 kms | 33.90 km/hr
Age Group: 2/6
Overall: 37/211
Performance: Average
Wind: Cross-winds
Course: All kinds of different winds. The course was a giant T with a double out and back. Plenty of hill with the biggest coming in the lat 25-30k.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 120
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Too much
T2
Time: 00:42
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Below average
Racking bike Below average
Shoe and helmet removal Good