CASS COUNTY YMCA
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 20m 15s
Overall Rank = 11/159
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 2/8
Pre-race routine:

got up at 5:30 ate some cereal and used the restroom, drove to site tooked about 45 minutes
Event warmup:

ran a mile at 7:43 and streched hamstring
Run
  • 20m 15s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

my whole goal was to run under 20 minutes for the first time since 2000. I didn't make it, felt good through the first mile but about a quarter mile later started to break down. Thighs felt tired and hamstring was bothering me, I just didn't have it today, I did finish the last 600 yards strong and ended up with 2nd in my age group but fell short of the 20 minute barrier.
What would you do differently?:

nothing I know I can go somewhere between 19:45-19:59 just didn't have it today.
Post race
Warm down:

ran a mile and watched friends finish the 5k and 10k run. It was nice meeting Nuttysami123 and TryinMike they did very well on the 10k run and are really nice people.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

not sure I'm nursing a pulled hamstring which didn't help, but I was well rested and it was a beautiful day I should have ran really well.

Event comments:

This is by far the best 5k I have done in Indiana. There is no goodie back that has more stuff in it this one. The post race meal includes bisquits and gravey, sausage sandwiches, lunch meat sandwiches, entire tables of deserts,cookies,and gatorade and water. Plus give aways and the winners get a 3ft trophy and flowers and goodie. Just a wonderful event it's a can't miss every year.

Last updated: 2008-09-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:20:15 | 03.1 miles | 06m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 11/8
Overall: 2/159
Performance: Average
mile 1 6:16 HR 156 mile 2 6:34 HR 163 mile 3 6:44 HR 164 .1 :40 HR 169
Course: flat out and back country roads with a slight incline on the way back, fast course
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes