General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Another question for Ron or Oly Trainers/racers... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-02-20 1:46 PM

User image

Subject: Another question for Ron or Oly Trainers/racers...
I am training for an Oly on May 22. I am using the 16 Week Olympic - 2x Balanced program. I just finished week 3. Weeks 1-3 were increasing in time and week for is a drop back week. So far, my total training times have gone wk 1- 3hrs37min, wk 2- 4hrs15min, wk 3- 4hrs17min (and I did about 3hrs15min each of the two weeks before week 1). Question is this- I feel good and would like to keep building since I feel like I didn't get enough time build in weeks 1-3. I would continue to increase time up to week 7 and then drop back in week 8. Is this a bad idea? Thanks.

2005-02-20 4:01 PM
in reply to: #120117

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Another question for Ron or Oly Trainers/racers...

thats going to ultimately have to be your call based on how you feel...im not sure how long before you started the program you were building endurance in any of the sports...if it seems like cake now...then go ahead...i would err on the side of caution and take a rest week personally...unless your in a time crunch and a week would mean a lot in getting to a goal.

it could go either way based on your fitness leading up to starting this training.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Another question for Ron or Oly Trainers/racers... Rss Feed