Burnettsville, Indiana
United States
CASS COUNTY YMCA
Total Time = 44m 41s
Overall Rank = 11/62
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 2/7
Pre-race routine:

Woke at 5:00am had some oatmeal and coffee and left at 6:00 for the 1 hr and 20 minute drive to Burnettsville.
Event warmup:

Walked around, jogged about 3/4 mile and took it all in. This was my first running race in the past couple of years so I spent some time seeking out old competitors and talking with them.
Run
  • 44m 41s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

This was my first running race in a couple of years so I was just using it as a benchmark run to find out where I am. I wanted to negative split, finish under 46 minutes and stay injury free. The big hill took its toll on me in mile 3 so my 4th mile was a "recovery" time with a water stop. All in all I felt great and on just 2 runs a week I think I am where I should be. If it were not for the biking and swimming workouts I could have never done this. I truly appreciate every thing that Triathlon has done for me. This site and the people are wonderful.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really, maybe run a bit more
Post race
Warm down:

Jogged a little, did some stretching. Met fellow BT'er Ron (RPM1418?) who was very nice so we talked untill my wife was finishing and then I went and cheered her on. Talked with some old friends that I haven't seen in 3 years.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of run training

Event comments:

This is a wonderful small town event. It is well organized and well sponsored. This was our 5th time running the event in the 9 years that they have had it and it gets bigger and better every year.

Last updated: 2008-09-29 12:00 AM
Running
00:44:41 | 06.2 miles | 07m 13s  min/mile
Age Group: 2/7
Overall: 11/62
Performance: Good
Mile 1-HR 150 7:28 2-HR 152 7:13 3-HR 155 6:49 4-HR 158 7:27 5-HR 158 7:08 6-HR 144 6:59 .2-HR 143 1:36
Course: Flat through miles 1 and 2. Some moderate hills and 1 large hill in mile 3 and 4 then flat to the finish. All on country roads
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes