General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey from Nederland, CO Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-09-29 7:05 PM

User image

Jamestown, CO
Subject: Hey from Nederland, CO

Hi!  My name is Morgan (29 yrs old & female).  I’ve been logging my training on here for almost 2 years but have never been brave enough to make my logs visible…  I started doing triathlons in Florida in 2003.  I had been a runner since I was 13 and started swimming when I met my current boyfriend (a former collegiate long distance swimmer) so I figured why not throw in some bike training and do a triathlon.  I did my first sprint race on a mountain bike and LOVED it.  I completed my first IM last year (IM WI) the week before I moved to Colorado.  I landed a job for a ski apparel company in Boulder 4 weeks before the IM which made things interesting!  Nothing like recovering from an IM by driving cross country   We moved to Lafayette initially but have been living in Nederland since June of this year (but I work in Boulder).  Training in altitude definitely took some adjustment after moving from sea level (we were 9 miles from the beach in FL).  I basically took the entire last year off from structured training for triathlon to just enjoy being in a new place/job without any extra stress. 

I’m currently training for the Las Vegas Marathon in December (trying to break 4 hours – I’m not so good at the marathon thing so far).  And I’m registered for IM Canada next August so I’ve got to get back on track with training. My boyfriend coaches me in the pool though we’ve totally slacked since getting out here. I run with a great group at work but I’d REALLY love to meet a few locals to possibly run/ride/ows with since I really only have met 1 triathlete friend since moving.  The bike is DEFINITELY my weakest event of the 3 and I have to admit that climbing the mountains out here is daunting after living in flat Florida…  I live just off of the Peak to Peak Hwy so I’ll get a lot of training on the local climbs up here but look forward to exploring other places in CO on my bike, too.  I absolutely LOVE living in this beautiful state.

I’m also an avid snowboarder so my weekends all winter will be devoted to time on the snow.  As great as summer and fall have been, I’ve been dying for winter since last April (I lived in eternal summer for 7 years in FL&hellip so bring on the snow!!!

And my 2 best training partners are my dogs - 4 year old female chocolate lab and a 3 year old female Doberman pinscher.  They LOVE living in the mountains and going for trail runs!!

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to meeting some other triathletes who use this site!

- Morgan 

2008-09-30 11:43 AM
in reply to: #1704868

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Hey from Nederland, CO

Welcome Morgan!  Colorado is awesome isn't it?  congrats on your IM and very cool about doing Canada next year!  good luck with the marathon too!

I ride in Boulder quite a bit, so if you are biking there, let me know!

2008-09-30 12:15 PM

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Welcome and good luck! Hills are your friend! I think they are easier than dealing with a headwind on a flat, but maybe cuz I'm used to them. I wish I could visit CO and get in some real hills. We have lots of rolling hills here in central NC. Happy training and snowboarding.
2008-09-30 2:19 PM

User image

Pro
Parker, CO
Welcome.  Sounds like you have a very active year in front of you.  Colorado is a great place for training and outdoor activities.  Good luck breaking 4-hours at Vegas!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hey from Nederland, CO Rss Feed