General Discussion Race Reports! » 3rd Annual SEE JANE TRI All Women's Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

3rd Annual SEE JANE TRI All Women's Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Pleasanton, California
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 23m
Overall Rank = 455/
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 98/170
Pre-race routine:

wake up, roll outta bed, drag a brush across my head.
bagel w cream cheese, hit the road, arrive 10 mins later (thanks for the lodging M&D!)
get number and chip. set up transition, get marked. find friends.
Event warmup:

dip in lake water, last tri here the cool lake water took my breath on first dive so I dipped before the horn this time.
Swim
  • 09m 32s
  • 400 yards
  • 02m 23s / 100 yards
Comments:

This time I started middle outside in hopes to avoid the prior log jam at the first buoy. Buoy management was better this time, but the swim itself never felt good. Too many sloppy swimmers around me I could never get a groove. Despite that, I think my split was decent.
Transition 1
  • 02m 35s
Comments:

T1 felt slower than it should have, I sat to put on socks. My feet were dirtier than last time and needed more cleansing. it was smooth, just felt slow.
Bike
  • 32m 37s
  • 11 miles
  • 20.24 mile/hr
Comments:

easy mostly flat ride. passed many on my wave, many in prior wave(s), but was also passed by the leading ladies in the wave after mine. I think I must have been the only cheerleader on the course, fine by me, but I'd heard so much about the "All women experience" that I was surprised to not find more support. I felt sluggish on the ride. The course was shorter than I rode in June, maybe by as much as a mile? not sure why they moved the turnaround spot because it was not appealing as offering a wider spot in the road. well, MPH looks good when they lay out a short course!
Transition 2
  • 01m 23s
Comments:

smooth. park bike. helmet off, hat and number on.
Run
  • 37m 44s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 12m 10s  min/mile
Comments:

I actually had a run this time! At first I had no legs but then they returned so I ran the whole course (excepting speed walking up the hills). Last time I shuffled the whole run, it was great to have legs... but I never fully trusted them, I think if I wasn't afraid of my prior wooden legs I might have run an even better race. But still, I had a great run and race! And I had a kick to the finish! that was exhilarating.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Oh, I skipped some training... after starting training late due to summer vacations. hopefully I can hold the post-race exhilaration as a carrot to do better on next set of training.

Last updated: 2008-06-23 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:32 | 400 yards | 02m 23s / 100yards
Age Group: 113/170
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:35
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:32:37 | 11 miles | 20.24 mile/hr
Age Group: 53/170
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:23
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:37:44 | 03.1 miles | 12m 10s  min/mile
Age Group: 137/170
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-10-02 3:09 PM

User image

Master
Subject: 3rd Annual SEE JANE TRI All Women's Triathlon

2008-10-03 5:17 PM
in reply to: #1712881

User image

Expert
Berkeley, Calif.
Subject: RE: 3rd Annual SEE JANE TRI All Women's Triathlon
Great race, Cynthia! You rocked that bike and that's awesome that you ran the entire run. I can't believe you shaved off so much time from your previous tri. You looked great at the end -- very strong, very focused. Congrats!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 3rd Annual SEE JANE TRI All Women's Triathlon Rss Feed