General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kurt Kinetic Power Computer Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-06 8:39 PM

Subject: Kurt Kinetic Power Computer

I am going to buy a Kurt Kinetic trainer.   I am  thinking about buying the power computer also.   However, I live in the South so I want to be able to go outside when the weather is decent.   How hard is it to disconnect the power computer so that I can use my regular wireless computer?

This is my first time with a trainer so any other advice about the purchase would be helpful.

2008-10-07 9:37 AM
in reply to: #1722513

User image

Elite
Armpit of Ontario
Subject: RE: Kurt Kinetic Power Computer

It will be as difficult to disconnect as it will be to install it - entirely up to you how involved you want to make it. If you install it with three zip ties and a little tape, then that's what you'll need to uninstall. Simple. And you don't need to remove your regular cycling computer - leave it on. 

I installed my Kurt watt meter with just a few loops of electrical tape in about 1 minute, and it takes less time to remove it. You do have to install a magnet on your rear wheel, but that's only another 30 seconds.  

Great choice going with the Kurt - you won't regret it. I bought mine as a package deal with the Kurt trainer mat and 3 position front wheel riser. For the extra $30, get the riser. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kurt Kinetic Power Computer Rss Feed