General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Colorado Bike Rides Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-14 2:05 PM

Subject: Colorado Bike Rides
Is anyone aware of a good resource for bike friendly rides in Colorado (hopefully close to Denver)?  Also if there are regular group rides that anyone is aware of, I would love to hear about that as well.  Finally, anyone looking for some weekend rides around Denver that would like some company, please let me know as well.  Thanks.

2008-10-14 3:03 PM
in reply to: #1742043

User image

Colorado
Subject: RE: Colorado Bike Rides
I'm also looking for someone to ride with...Denver or Boulder areas.  I'm a beginner though...longest ride has only been 38 miles and I think my average was ~17mph. 
2008-10-14 3:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denver, CO
I think there's a book called, "Biking Colorado" that has bike routes throughout the state. Also, you can get a bike map for the city of Denver...I'm pretty sure they have them at any LBS. There's also a website called "Mapmyride" (just like mapmyrun) where you can search for rides and post ones that you've done. As far as group rides, Bicycle Village does a group ride every weekend I think...not sure what the ability level is though. Hope that helps!
2008-12-29 10:50 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Hey everyone,

Actually the local long ride group (http://rmccrides.com/) has a great schedule of rides just about every weekend and many cool routes on the website. Right now some of the maps are missing for some of the rides but they'll be updated fairly soon I think.

The rides include anything up to 1200k RAAM qualifiers but most of the weekend rides are much tamer!

Feel free to shoot me an email if you're looking for a ride partner on the west side of Denver, I'm in Golden and work in Boulder. I'm recovering from surgery right now but I should be seriously rolling again weather permitting by Feb. 1.

2009-01-06 1:10 PM

User image

Veteran
Rocky Mountains
There used to be a group of us that would get together pretty regularly and leave from Deer Creek or meet up in Boulder.  Stay tuned and I'm sure we'll start posting again. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Colorado Bike Rides Rss Feed