General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TRIA Orthopaedic Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-10-17 1:26 PM

New user
Subject: TRIA Orthopaedic
I'm looking at going over to TRIA for some opinions/diagnosis/therapy for my IT Band. It's been months, and it's not going away. I've tried all of the simple stuff.

I've read the bios of the physicians/pt's at the clinic.

Have any of you on here worked with any of these physicans/PT's, etc?

If so, tell me about your experience?

I suppose this is probably most appropriate for PM's if you're going to be mentioning names...so PM me your thoughts please.

Thanks a lot,
John

2008-10-19 9:58 AM
in reply to: #1750206

New user
Subject: RE: TRIA Orthopaedic
2008-10-21 1:43 PM

User image

Minneapolis, MN
I went to TRIA for a torn ACL. It was diagnosed there and then I had knee surgery there to replace the ACL. I honestly have nothing but raving reviews for TRIA. I think they run an excellent outfit there. It is seriously a one-stop shop for everything orthopaedic.

The walk-in clinic is probably your best bet initially. I found that many of the doctor's and surgeon's schedules are booked for the next 2 to 3 weeks. However, the clinic is very knowledgable and they realize everyone in there is an athlete and is not "crying wolf". The clinic doctor was able to diagnose my ACL, schedule and MRI that night, and get the MRI results read all within about 12 hours, which normally takes up to a week if you have to go else where for the MRI. I recommend getting to the clinic first thing in the morning. I went at 8 am and had no problem, but I have heard that people will sometimes wait 2 or 3 hours during the middle of the day.

Good luck....
2008-10-27 11:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Chaska, MN

I went there for knee pain and I was honestly hoping for a clean up scope job.  However, after meeting with the doc, he informed me it was worn carteledge and surgey really wouldn't help.  Even though there are various surgical prodcedures he could perform, none of them really help.

So I'd give an A+ for honesty and ethical behavior.

2008-10-28 10:58 AM

New user
This is great. thank you. I feel good about going there...my appt is Thursday morning. We'll see...obviously I don't expect him to come in an wave a magic wand and have it all go away...but some expert advice/diagnosis will be a solid start.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TRIA Orthopaedic Rss Feed