United States
Albany Running Exchange
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 51m 29s
Overall Rank = 47/214
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Stayed at my friend's house, got pretty good sleep. Woke up and ate a mango and a clif bar then packed up and headed over to the park.
Run
  • 1h 51m 29s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

This run went great for me. Due to the condition of the trails the first two miles were extremely congested. The pack slowed to a walk at some points. I hit the 2 mile mark at 20 minutes, wayy off my planned pace. After that I settled into a nice 8 minute pace (when the course would allow for it). Once I got to the 10 mile mark I stepped it up a notch, then from 12 on I just gave it all I had for a great finish.
What would you do differently?:

I probably should've started closer to the front to avoid the congestion in the first couple of miles. But I beat 2 hours which was my original goal so I'm really happy with how it went.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around a bit to keep my legs from locking up, stretched a little.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The condition of the course, but I had fun in the mess so it wasn't that bad. I probably could've broke 1:50:00 if I didn't go off course, fall, or lose my shoe (twice). But those things certainly make for a better story.

Last updated: 2008-10-29 12:00 AM
Running
01:51:29 | 13.1 miles | 08m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 47/214
Performance: Good
Course: The state park was beautiful and the trails probably would have been nice if it had not POURED the entire day before. Much of the course was muddy, and there were even spots where you had to run through 6-8 inches of water. I just said screw it and enjoyed the mess, but boy was it sloppy! I slipped and fell once, I went off track, and I lost my shoe in the mud twice. The Halloween theme was really fun, running through a fake graveyard with participant's names on the tombstones was a nice touch. And some of the dressed up people they had out there to scare you definitely made me jump a few times.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes