General Discussion Race Reports! » Election & Economy Stress Relief Low Key Runs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Election & Economy Stress Relief Low Key Runs - RunOther

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Las Vegas, Nevada
United States
LVTC
68F / 20C
Sunny
Total Time = 8h 00m
Overall Rank = 7/14
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 1/1
Pre-race routine:

Ate some oatmeal - drove to the race
Event warmup:

jogged an easy half mile, stopped and stretched, then ran another 10th of a mile, then walked around a bit before the start of the race.
Run
  • 22m 14s
  • 2 miles
  • 11m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

The first mile was all up-hill, I did it in 11:56 a bit slower than I wanted, but I didn't want to use all my energy. The 2nd mile was all down-hill I did it in 10:06 - still slower than I wanted to go... my goal was 22:00, so I was only 11 seconds slower than I wanted. Next time I'll get it.

This was a small track club race, so there weren't many people. As we lined up, there was one other woman around my age. We determined that she was in a different age group than me, but I still wanted to beat her. She beat me on the up-hill portion, but I passed her with about a half mile to go. Then she SAID that she would have given me a run for it, but about .15 miles to go, her 80 year old father took a nose-dive... they were behind me. He's OK, shaken up, and bruised but ok. Well, that's her excuse... but I think I would have beat her anyway :D
Post race
Warm down:

Just walked it off, drank some water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

more training, I gave it my all today.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-11-01 12:00 AM
Running
00:22:14 | 02 miles | 11m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/1
Overall: 7/14
Performance: Good
Course: The course was all up-hill for the first mile, then a screaming down-hill for the 2nd mile.
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-11-01 11:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Long Beach, Mississippi
Subject: Election & Economy Stress Relief Low Key Runs
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Election & Economy Stress Relief Low Key Runs Rss Feed