Dallas Running Club
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 37m 15s
Overall Rank = 2712/3284
Age Group = 35-39M
Age Group Rank = 257/270
Pre-race routine:

Set the alarm for 0515 but got up at 0500. Had most of my stuff gathered up. Got dressed and had two pieces of toast with PB. Beth showed up around 0615 to pick me up. I still need to pick up my packet so she dropped me off across the street from the finish line. Picked up my packet chanegd out my long sleeve UA shirt into a short sleeve as the weather was going to be warm by the 2h mark. Checked my bag and went over to the finish shute to WU. Performed my usual warm and stretches and headed to the start line. I lined up behind the 02:30:00 pace group.
Event warmup:

No event specific warm up.
Run
  • 2h 37m 7s
  • 13.29 miles
  • 11m 49s  min/mile
Comments:

Can we say PR BABY!!

I ran the first two mile keeping up with the 02:30:00 pace group, but they were going way too fast (First two miles in 21:00). So, I was like WTH, forget this. So, I switched to running 1/2mi walking 1 minute.

At mile three someone coming from behind me caed out my name. It was Marcy! Marcy (dodgersmom) and I ran together from about mile 3 to 8. I took off a little at mile 8, but we met back up at mile 10 and went to mile 13 together. I sprinted in the last 1/3 of a mile, but Marcy wasn't too far behind me :).

Post race
Warm down:

Stretched A LITTLE.
Waited inside the chute area for Steve (doughboy) to come in, but we were asked to wait outside the fence. :(. So on the way out I had my finisher photo taken. As I came out of the finish area I found Patrick (one of my marathon coaches) and talked to him a few minutes.
Went over closer to the finish line to wait for Steve and Beth to come in. Met Gary (Gaarryy).
Steve came in not too much longer. While Marcy and Steve headed off I waited for Beth but surprise she had already come in about 1m before Steve and I missed her. :)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I think did fine for the temperatue and my current fitness level.

Event comments:

As Beth and I came to the intersection of Buckner and Northwest Highway two fire trucks and an ambulance were entering the intersection. On the north side of the intersection a car was up over the curb and some people were on the ground.
Heard jsut a few minutes ago that the care went through the intersection, jumped the curb and hit several people. It is being reported that three people were sent to the hospital in critical condition.

Last updated: 2008-10-01 12:00 AM
Running
02:37:07 | 13.29 miles | 11m 49s  min/mile
Age Group: 257/270
Overall: 2712/3284
Performance: Good
Course: Not too bad. I had done most of this course on other races (Tour De Fleurs Hottest Half, etc...) Some medium climbs between miles 4 amd 7, but not too bad. I walked a portion of them, but also used what I learned in Marathon training hill repeats.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2008-11-02 1:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fort Worth, TX
Subject: The Half

2008-11-03 8:40 PM
in reply to: #1781724

User image

Master
Keller Tx
Subject: RE: The Half

Great run Scott.  Nice PR!

Thanks for hanging out and waiting for the slow guy.  It was good to see you.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » The Half Rss Feed