General Discussion Race Reports! » Sony Ericsson City of Oaks Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Sony Ericsson City of Oaks Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Raleigh, North Carolina
United States
City of Oaks Marathon and Half Marathon, LLC
50F / 10C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 11m 45s
Overall Rank = 1449/2472
Age Group = F/35-39
Age Group Rank = 107/252
Pre-race routine:

coffee, bagel, banana, pooh!
Event warmup:

None. Unless you want to count the 1/2 mile walk from the car to hurry up and get in line for the porta-johns before race start. We were cutting it too close to race start so we took off into the woods in plain site of a dormatory. Luckily, it was 7am and nobody was awake yet, at least that's what I kept telling myself.
Run
  • 2h 11m 45s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 10m 04s  min/mile
Comments:

I ranked 608/1376 among women. I'm very happy with that considering I held back because of my knee injury. I really didn't expect to finish this race at least without walking, so I am very pleased. My knee held up fabulously.
What would you do differently?:

I wouldn't change how cautious I was because I did NOT want to damage my knee. I think I played this one right. As my knee gets stronger I will probably have to come back sometime and work on beating my time. Until then, I will be happy with my standing on this race.
Post race
Warm down:

Around mile 9 my quads started knotting up. It just got increasingly worse to the finish. I stretched and ate a couple bagels and had some chocolate milk (?). We walked a mile to our car because we got lost trying to find it. That was tough.

Event comments:

The event was nice. The expo was good. They could've been more organized with handing out water at the finish. They should have organized the food better where you didn't have to get in a long line just to get it. I was blown away that they were actually offering perfectly GREEN bananas. Garbage!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-11-03 12:00 AM
Running
02:11:45 | 13.1 miles | 10m 04s  min/mile
Age Group: 107/252
Overall: 1449/2472
Performance: Good
Course: Asphalt to whole way. lots of turns kept it interesting as we winded through the campus, down residential areas and through the downtown area. I liked the change of scenery. It helped distract me. The course was moderately hilly. Nothing too crazy...definitely managable.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2008-11-03 11:08 AM

New user

Subject: Sony Ericsson City of Oaks Marathon

2008-11-03 5:48 PM
in reply to: #1783419

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Sony Ericsson City of Oaks Marathon
Congrats! That's a great course. I ran it last year. Your time was much better than mine.

You are so right, all the turns keep it interesting. The residential areas are pretty and the downtown run is nice and quick. It feels shorter than it is because the scenery keeps changing.

Congrats on a great race. And for running it smart. Sorry about the green bananas. What ever where they thinking? They gave out Papa John's pizza last year. Yummmmmy!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sony Ericsson City of Oaks Marathon Rss Feed