General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 24

2009-06-22 8:24 AM
in reply to: #2231253

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread

c_cic - 2009-06-20 8:48 PM I've missed meeting most of you - is anyone interested in meeting up on Monday for a coffee and a quick visit?

Most likely, depending on the doctor visit.

2009-06-22 8:38 AM
in reply to: #1785381

User image

Gillingham, Kent,UK
The morning after the day before.
What a great day only spoilt by the cold rain at the latter stages. Still even that was better than was forcast.
It was great to see familiar faces both before and during the event in the guise of BT'ers.
For an Englishman along way from home it was great to have friends out there. I think that alone proves what a great resource this site is.

Well as for the race, I had a poor 1:31 swim, a solid 6 hr bike and a 3:49 marathon giving a total finish time of 11:29:03
My goals were a sub 4hr marathon and 11:30 total.

As you can guess I am pleased with myself, although very very sore.

hope everyone else had a good race. I know tobin did as I saw him at the finish having done a PR of 3:07 . Well done mate.

Hopefully see some of you at awards dinner. Just hope by then I have got my appetite back!

2 weeks off training now before resuming training for IM UK in 6 weeks. I just hope the people of Bolton embrace the whole event like the community of CDA. they were great and also the hundreds of volunteers including my daughter Charlotte who spent over 6 hrs at run feed station 1. Thank you all.
2009-06-22 12:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Champaign, Illinois

All of you guys rock!  I came in so far behind you I feel like I should go start the slow version of this group!  Awesome job to everyone!

2009-06-24 2:09 PM

User image

Veteran
well, I didn't get to meet many of you. we traveled in a large group and the logistics of managing everyone's plans got difficult.  but i can't wait to read everyone's race reports. we just got back, had  a LONG trip home across the country but I'm so happy that I'm an ironman!!! wohoo!!!
how is everyone recovering?
btw... we almost missed our last flight and had to run through the charlotte airport, thats right. run.
holy crap that hurt. 
New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 24