Lake Worth, Florida
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 04m 18s
Overall Rank = 3/
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 2/
Pre-race routine:

This was our first repeat race ever. Meaning we did this race in 2007. So we were both excited to see if we improved. This was also Dante’s first race back after his baker’s cyst (aka as tuna casserole) injury. This was a small local race put on by our favorite sports med doctor, Dr. Keith.

Swim
  • 08m 16s
  • 400 meters
  • 02m 04s / 100 meters
Comments:

The swim was rough! It was an ocean swim and my wave, off all women, got pounded by a set of waves on the way out to the buoy. I tried to stay with the fast group of 4 women but I couldn’t keep up. But it is a good thing I didn’t stay with them because they swam off course so I made up sometime as they corrected themselves. I still ended up fifth out of the water.

Transition 1
  • 00m 58s
Comments:

My transition was lightening fast. I don’t know what the other girls are doing in T1 but coming out of T1 I was now in 3rd. Must be that flying start Dante made me learn.

Bike
  • 34m 27s
  • 12 miles
  • 20.90 mile/hr
Comments:

Megan quickly passed me on the bike; she is so fast and just had a baby 8 months ago – crazy! After the second loop Carol, a 55-year-old bad ass who is on her way back to Kona this year, passed me. So now I was in fifth again and trying to hold off my friend, Gina, who always catches me on the bike. I had less then a mile to go and then I heard “ Come on girl” and it was Gina as she flew going up the bridge, as if passing me was de-motivating enough it had to be going up the bridge. Then Gina followed some guy and took a wrong turn, which totally stinks but she was such a good sport about it after. So I ended the bike still in fifth with Gina right behind me. My bike time was 7th female overall

Transition 2
  • 00m 39s
Run
  • 20m
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 27s  min/mile
Comments:

Run 5k (but it was really short ~2.9)
Run 20:00 (yes flat – how often does that happen)

My run was so much fun. I knew I had some catching up to do and I had Gina breathing down my back and not much time so I took off. I caught Carol after 1.5 miles and was now in fourth. I could see the third place girl ahead of me and I was trying to close on her. With about .5 mile to go I caught her and we ran side by side. Apparently she is Nikki because everyone was cheering for her. I had heard of Nikki and was siked I finally was running with her. We were entering the last curve before the 400-meter straight away for the finish and I was running just behind her on her shoulder. I figured I would let her dictate the pass and then see what I had left to sprint it out. Her husband was on a biking next to us telling her to hold the curve (So I didn’t pass on the inside). Then her husband said, “ she looks bad honey, she is hurting, you got her”. Well I did not like that and that put a little fire in my belly even though I really was hurting. I took off on the straight away to the finish and she surged too but quickly died out. I crossed the finish in 3rd place and totally excited I had a great race.
Post race

Last updated: 2008-11-08 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:16 | 400 meters | 02m 04s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder: