United States
37F / 3C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 06m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

It was really weird to have a race start so late in the day. Add to that the fact that I wasn't really racing, I was all discombobulated. Had a bowl of cereal around 7, cleaned up the house, ran to the grocery, got the running gear on (why?) and waited for the sitter.
Event warmup:

Stop at a gas station for a bagel and cream cheese and was hoping for hot chocolate....What, no hot chocolate at this time of year? Saw Amyjo as she was walking in for a cup of joe and headed over to the race site. Found all my peeps, took some photos and walked out to the half mary start with hubby and others. Stood in the freezing cold air and sent them off. Ran our goodie bags back to the car and met up with everyone again, at the brewery.
Run
  • 1h 06m
  • 4.37 miles
  • 15m 06s  min/mile
Comments:

Don't really have RUN comments as I briskly walked with Michele, Amyjo, Deanna, Pam and Peggy. Had a great time with the donkettes. Great to see Phil and his sons at the one and only aid station we saw. I think we were keeping the other walkers amused as well....or we were confusing them. At any rate, I had a great time. And boy, did my shins hurt at the end. Guess it's a whole different ball game when you walk...stride is sooooo different. Ran about three cameras over to Clint and Brendon to take photos of us walkers kicking it in. Got a couple of good ones. Will post those later.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe wear my snowpants.
Post race
Warm down:

No such thing in that sort of weather. Stood in line for my pound and half of lasagna, which was piping hot might I add. Very good eats. Then it was outside again to watch Aidana come in from her first Half Mary. Great stuff. Back into the beer tent to use those "coveted" drink tickets. Lucky for me they had some malternatives (smirnoff green apple)cuz I don't like beer so much. Ended up with bunches of tickets cuz people were leaving due to the cold weather. Bah, we are true Wisconsinites, so Clint and I stayed for a while with Travis, his lovely bride Sandi and her friend Stacey. Tracey (fishlips) and Michael (juice) stayed a while too, but their son was frozen and begged to leave. Happy to report I was one of the last Donkey's standing. Great times I tell you, great times.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing.

Event comments:

Great race, great food, great drinks.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2008-06-14 12:00 AM
Running
01:06:00 | 04.37 miles | 15m 06s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Pretty nice course. Lots of old houses and stuff to look at so you really didn't notice the few hills you had to climb.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2008-11-10 8:56 AM

User image

Master
Waukesha, WI
Subject: Tyranena Beer Run
Not sure why those pix are all pixely, but they will be better in my album.

Edited by Joe Runner 2008-11-10 9:00 AM

2008-11-10 9:17 AM
in reply to: #1799202

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Tyranena Beer Run

Last donkey standing , nice!

2008-11-10 3:05 PM

User image

Elite
West Allis, Wisconsin
yeah last donk standing..............well i stayed awhile too ya know!!!  hey, great job out there tho donk!!!
2008-11-10 3:55 PM

User image

Champion
Racine, WI
WOOHOOO.........you took great pics too!!
2008-11-11 11:50 AM

User image

Elite
Madison, Wisconsin
Nice job girl!! Had a blast just hangin!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tyranena Beer Run Rss Feed