General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running Paths in Brooklyn Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-10 3:47 PM

Subject: Running Paths in Brooklyn
Does anybody know of any good running paths in Brooklyn?  I live in Brooklyn Heights and am looking for something a little more forgiving than streets and sidewalks.

2008-11-10 5:54 PM
in reply to: #1800323

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Running Paths in Brooklyn
andysrc - 2008-11-10 3:47 PM

Does anybody know of any good running paths in Brooklyn?  I live in Brooklyn Heights and am looking for something a little more forgiving than streets and sidewalks.

There's a brand new jogging track around the park in Cadman Plaza park in front of the war memorial. It's pretty short, though--can't be more than a few hundred yards around. Also, you can run on the road in Prospect Park as well as along the trails and paths inside the park. They're in the process of building this greenway that goes all the way around the waterfront from Brooklyn Bridge park and all the way out to Coney Island, I think. The website, Brooklyngreenway.org has maps of the parts that are complete, but they've really just started working on it, so not much of it is finished.

There are also greenways that run under the VNB out to Coney and another that runs from Sheepshead Bay out along the belt parkway to Canarsie.

Hope that helps.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2008-11-10 5:57 PM
2008-11-11 12:13 PM
in reply to: #1800323

Subject: RE: Running Paths in Brooklyn

Thanks for the info.  I have been to Prospect Park and for some reason I thought there were no trails, only roads.  I'll have to revisit it this weekend if the weather is nice.

I think I read somewhere (or did my own calculations on google maps) that the track at Cadman Plaza is about .35 miles.  I've run there before, but it gets incredibly repetitive.

That greenway looks great.  I wish it were done now.  There's a secondary access point about a block from my apartment!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running Paths in Brooklyn Rss Feed