Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Vaction in Key West- need ideas! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-02 8:25 PM

Master
Boston
Subject: Vaction in Key West- need ideas!
Hey guys-
My boyfriend and I are thinking of going to Key West over his spring break (end of March)...I want to plan a nice little romantic getaway for us. So, I was wondering if any of you have been down there and stayed at any nice bed n breakfast places? I think that would be cute- to stay in a unique little place down there instead of the usual Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn stuff...Do you all have any suggestions about places to stay? I've only been there once a few years ago, and don't remember much about it. I'm going to go online and check around too. Thanks for your help!

2005-03-02 8:43 PM
in reply to: #124664

Subject: RE: Vaction in Key West- need ideas!
I'll ask my best friend is i talk to him in the next few days. he goes there all the time as he lives right up the way in Naples but works down in the keys sometimes.
2005-03-03 5:08 PM

Extreme Veteran
Hi Lisa,

Our swim team used to do the Swim around Key West open water swim every summer in Key West. We stayed at a nice little B&B on Duval St., The Wicker Guest House. I haven't been down there in a couple of years, but it was a great place to stay. It was just a couple of blocks from the Margaritaville restaurant, a big plus! Have a great time.
2005-03-03 6:24 PM

User image

Veteran
Plainfield, IL
Hi Lisa-

I just got married down in Key West on Dec. 23rd, and there are so many nice places to stay! We were suppose to get married on the beach at sunset at Ft. Zachery Taylor beach, but it rained all day, so we got married at the Curry Mansion at the bottom of the staircase. Turns out it is a B&B, so we are thinking of going back there next year at the same time to stay there. Definitly try to stay near old town, we stayed at the Marriott right off of Rte. 1 as you come onto the island, and even though they have shuttles running around the island all day long, I wish we would have stayed closer to the action. It really is beautiful there, I still can't believe all of the 'stuff' they have on the island (how built up it is).

One thing I was not prepared for......the drive. Took 2-3 hours from the time we left the mainland to get to Key West. But well worth it!
2005-03-06 12:12 PM

Well, I talked to my friends and they were staying in a company owned pad so I can't tell you where would be best to stay although they insisted that you hang out on and around Duvall St. for at least one night.
2005-03-07 11:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Delray Beach, FL
I love Key West!
I am not sure how much you want to spend, unfortunately we are on high season until the end of April... BB are not cheap. You have to check one of my favorite places in KW, the Artist house! Beautiful BB, very close to Duval Street
http://www.artisthousekeywest.com/
Mallory square have changed a lot in the last couple years, make sure you go there and watch the sunset. There is a little place that sells frozen drinks, get there earlier and find a sit, they have the best view (you can get non-alcoholic drinks but theirs are not loaded anyway... I like the combination Sunset + Little Rum + Boyfriend LOL).
Also, La Concha hotel is the tallest building in the island. They have a restaurant there and a deck for view open to the public.
Have fun!

2005-03-07 11:47 AM

User image

San Diego
Hey Lisa,

My husband and I stayed at the Duval House (http://www.duvalhousekeywest.com) for our honeymoon a couple of years ago. It is very charming, with a lush poolside garden and well-appointed rooms. Very romantic.

Also, it is near the bars but not so near that the noise will get to you.

If you have enough time, I'd also suggest a day trip to the Dry Tortugas(http://www.dry.tortugas.national-park.com). The snorkeling is unbelievable and the fort is great fun to explore. We stayed overnight, but a daytrip is plenty of time to get a little taste of everything. The boat leaves Key West early in the morning and returns by 4 or 5.

Enjoy,

Ericka
2005-03-07 6:04 PM

Master
Boston
THANK YOU guys for all your suggestions. Like someone said, it is the high season and the BB's are NOT CHEAP! They are lik $100 more than any other time. So, I guess we're not going to Key West. However, thank you for ideas- I'm going to save them for this summer, when the prices go back to normal.
2007-01-31 6:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shakopee, MN
jumping this to the front!

My wife and I are going on our belated honeymoon March 7-12. (wedding last July). Key West is the desintation. Flying into Miami, hanging there 3/7 and morning of 3/8, then driving down to Key West for a 4 night stay (maybe 2-3) depending on the following scenerio....stay in Key West for a 2 day, then work our way up and stay at the different "keys" islands on you LONG way back up to Miami.

Any ideas??
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Vaction in Key West- need ideas! Rss Feed