General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Second chance to see/meet Hunter Kemper Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-11-17 11:33 AM

Regular
New Hope, MN
Subject: Second chance to see/meet Hunter Kemper

FYI, just in case you didn't see this via other sources... 

By now you know that 3 time Olympian Hunter Kemper is coming to town this weekend for the Minnesota Multisport Awards. I hope you are planning to go to the banquet, it will be an awesome event. If you are a collector, there will be one of a kind signed items for you to bid on, with all of the proceeds going to charity. If for some reason you are committed Saturday night, but still wish to see and hear Hunter talk, your in luck! On Monday November 10th, 6pm at Gear West Bike and Triathlon, Hunter Kemper and our own David Thompson will sit down and discuss, triathlon, the Olympics, life as a pro and field all of your questions. All attendees will receive a one-of-a-kind Yndecam print of Hunter and David in battle for you to have them sign. A $10 donation to the A-T Children's Project will be required to attend this event. There is no pre-registration and this is first come, first serve, so come early to get a good spot. Donations will be taken at the door on Monday. Don't miss this great opportunity. Bring your cameras and bring your friends, this is open to the public. If you have any questions call Gear West Bike and Tri.

2008-11-17 12:30 PM
in reply to: #1812453

User image

Extreme Veteran
Shakopee, MN
Subject: RE: Second chance to see/meet Hunter Kemper

I met Hunter in Los Angeles for the Kaiser Permanente Triathlon in September.  What a great person.  My training partner ran into him at the finish line and Kemper had asked "How did Ryan do?"  I only met him for 15 minutes during race packet pick up and he remembered my name.

Now, my buddy could have been pulling my leg, but that shows you that he cares about everyone who talks with him and he isn't "Hollywood".

If you get the chance, I echo the OP's request to show up and get the chance to meet a great ambassador for the sport.

Ryan

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Second chance to see/meet Hunter Kemper Rss Feed