City of Yukon
50F / 10C
Sunny
Total Time = 46m 23s
Overall Rank = /400+
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Routine? There is nothing routine about the things I do.
Event warmup:

Did some dynamic warm-up about five minutes before the gun went off. The weather was not nearly as cold as I thought it might be and that was a blessing.
Run
  • 46m 23s
  • 5 kms
  • 09m 17s  min/km
Comments:

My friend Tracy and I decided to do this race a month ago. At the time she was not really running, but doing a walking routine. Then over the last month she really ramped up her training and in a month has come farther with her running then I have ever. I also lost all motivation at the beginning of this month and have only ran once.

The last I had talked with Tracy she was running a 5K in about 40-45 minutes. I was not much slower than that. Then when we met up yesterday, she said she was doing a 5K in about 30 minutes. Doh, no way I could keep up with that. Once we got going and I was struggling I told her to run on ahead and I would go at my pace. She did not want to leave me because we were going to do this together. I would have felt better if she had, but on the other hand was glad we crossed the line together. I just have a lot of guilt it was her first 5K and she could have gone a lot faster, but I held her back.

On the bright side, this was a new PR for me. The downside, see above.
What would you do differently?:

Duh! Actually prepare to run the race.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked to get some water, walked to the car and then did a little stretching.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The usual limiter... amount of training and my big butt.

Event comments:

The race seemed well run. Course was marked fairly well. Lots of volunteers and people to cheer you on. Lots of snacks and drinks available at the end. Plus the bonus of driving through the lights when the race was done.

Last updated: 2008-11-23 12:00 AM
Running
00:46:23 | 05 kms | 09m 17s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/400+
Performance: Bad
Did not wear my HR monitor. Figured it was best if I did not know.
Course: The course was pretty nice. One section was a bit painful as it was a long uphill, though the hill was not steep by any means; it just seemed never ending. The end of the course was through the park with the Christmas lights. It would have been nice to be able to run the whole park, but apparently they changed the course route this year.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes