Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 1h 25m 54s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 13m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

Ran this with my Florida brother....it was his first race ever and he wasn't sure what to expect. Remembering his former boot camp days, he asked me if people would throw buckets of water at him if he slowed down to walk. Too funny. He did very well, and took off immediately (of course too fast), and paid the price as many in the field passed him in the last 4 miles. He was whooped after this race and its become VERY clear to me that being thin (which both my brothers are) doesn't at all equate to being "fit." Sure, in both races I've done they've easily kept up with (or beat) me, but they were SPENT for the rest of the day and sore for the days following. On the other hand, me and my extra 50 pounds have been fine :-)

For a small event, there was some surprises and some real let-downs.
The good: there were 4 bands playing along the way, water stop at 2.5, 3.5, 5 miles, good course, good traffic control, a decent amount of spectators

The bad: NO timing whatsoever. No timing chip, they gave race numbers, but there was noone tracking who they were assigned to (I received 3 in the mail...whose was which?), no photographer, no fluids other than water, very little food at the end, and they were out of race shirts!

What would you do differently?:

Go someplace more organized?
Post race
Warm down:

When I went to pick up my race shirt, the volunteer there was pretty bitchy about it too...."you should have been here earlier"...like its MY fault they ran out, then she tells me that they run out EVERY year...hmmm....I guess they have bad planning every year then.
I was pretty disappointed about the race shirt thing...I really wanted my brother to have a race shirt from his first race ever. So much for pre-registering a month early.

Event comments:

Not a terribly organized event. Must be a great fund-raiser for the various charities, cuz the racers sure don't get much in return for the fee.

Last updated: 2008-11-27 12:00 AM
Running
01:25:54 | 06.21 miles | 13m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]