General Discussion Race Reports! » Goodyear, Arizona: YMCA Thanksgiving Day Triathlon/Duathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Goodyear, Arizona: YMCA Thanksgiving Day Triathlon/Duathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Goodyear, Arizona
United States
Tri-Family Racing
Overcast
Total Time = 54m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 9/27
Pre-race routine:

Woke-up grabbed some coffee and headed way out west to the race. It rained hard almost the whole drive and I was pretty worried to was going to be a soggy day but by the time the race started it had cleared up nicely.
Swim
  • 08m 43s
  • 366 meters
  • 02m 23s / 100 meters
Comments:

REVERSE TRI:
Didn't swim very well, the pool felt really hot and was pretty crowded. I just tried to set a pace I could keep up comfortably and not go too slow. Probably the most contact in the water in a pool tri I've had, I think I got smacked in the head numerous times trying to pass people.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Bike
  • 35m 8s
  • 12 miles
  • 20.49 mile/hr
Comments:

I rode pretty well, had fun out on the bike. Sometimes my biggest problem with the sprint tri's is about the time you get in the groove on the bike or run it's over. Was really starting to get it together and feel solid on the bike when it was time to pull into transtion. Got pretty lucky overall because my ride could have sucked. On Wednesday I had put my Zipps on and was having trouble shifting smoothly so I stoppped by Tribe to have them look at it. While the guys was adjusting my rear derailer the shifter cable broke. Even though this was a very flat course it still would suck to be stuck in one gear. One tradgedy narrowly averted. When loading up my truck I had put my regular front wheel in my truck just to have. After droppping my bike in transition and pumping up the tires I went to go hang out in the truck for a bit. When I retutrned to the bike my front tire was totally flat and wouldn't hold air and I didn't have a spare tubular tire. Instead of being totalyy screwed I went to the truck and grabed the other wheel and threw it on. So the bike ride could have been much worse or non-existent.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 10m 9s
  • 1.5 miles
  • 06m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

Took me a bit to get going on the run. I was just trying to set a nice pace and get on the bike. Was kind of back and forth with people the whole run.
Post race
Warm down:

Had to head out basiclly right after the finish to start the Thanksgiving day Celebrations. It's my job to bring the Champagne for Mimosas so I must be prompt.

Event comments:

While these races can be chaotic and disoragnized its super fun racing a quick race Thanksgiving morning. My only goal is to go out and have fun and that was accomplished. Great to see Jerry and Kerri volunteering out there and Tanya, Sally and Chad racing. Sally totally rocked and won 1st overall for women! Only major negative: Worst Race Shirt Ever!

Last updated: 2008-10-27 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:43 | 366 meters | 02m 23s / 100meters
Age Group: 8/27
Overall: 0/
Performance: Below average
Suit:
Course: Serpentine through the pool
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:35:08 | 12 miles | 20.49 mile/hr
Age Group: 8/27
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course: 3 laps around the Y.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:10:09 | 01.5 miles | 06m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/27
Performance: Average
Course: Down a drainage ditch to a path and around a church back to the Y.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2008-11-28 1:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Phoenix, AZ
Subject: Goodyear, Arizona: YMCA Thanksgiving Day Triathlon/Duathlon

2008-11-28 1:55 PM
in reply to: #1829611

User image

Elite
Mesa, AZ
Subject: RE: Goodyear, Arizona: YMCA Thanksgiving Day Triathlon/Duathlon
Some nice splits there Travis!!

I wanna see the race shirt!
2008-11-28 6:45 PM

User image

Master
Goodyear, AZ

OMG!! That race shirt- it has a diver, BMX rider and a football player on it?? WTH?? The trophy has excactly the same ugly design. They must have had a hard time with their clip art!

Great job at the race, glad the bike thing got sorted out. It was great to see you out there!

2008-11-29 4:30 PM

User image

Elite
Phoenix, AZ
It was nice meeting you. Great times out there!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Goodyear, Arizona: YMCA Thanksgiving Day Triathlon/Duathlon Rss Feed