General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Traithlon Clubs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-02 8:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Traithlon Clubs

I live in the DC/Baltimore/Annapolis suburbs and I would like to join a Tri club for next season. I've looked at the pages of a few of the local clubs, and seen some things that I liked about each of them, but I was wondering if some of the locals on this board could say a few things about the clubs they've interacted with. 

Did you prefer the community of one club or the other? Was one club better organized than the others? Which did you feel had the best activities or training activities?

I don't want this thread to start a flame war between partisans of one club or another. I only have the funds to join one club, and I want to choose well. 

Thanks in advance!

2008-12-07 2:11 PM
in reply to: #1835629

User image

Pro
Burbs
Subject: RE: Traithlon Clubs

Mid Maryland Tri Club is a big and popular club in the area.  It's out of Columbia Maryland and is a great resource.

(I joined but never go to anything ... it's just too hard w my schedule)

2008-12-12 8:56 AM
in reply to: #1835629

User image

Veteran
Greenbelt, MD
Subject: RE: Traithlon Clubs

I joined the DC club last year.  It skews a tad young (alot of 20-somethings) and also has a pretty big social aspect (happy hour every month for example), but they have alot of great resources, practice tris, info sessions, etc.  They also run a new triathlete program, which is what I did last year.  It's a huge club, so there's almost always something going on or groups that get together informally to train.  It also kind of depends how close you are to DC since alot of activities are in the District or in VA. 

I'd give them a looksie too.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Traithlon Clubs Rss Feed