General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Bike Course Elevations compared with America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-04 3:04 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Ironman Bike Course Elevations compared with America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride
For those of you who have done an IM and the America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride (AMBBR) around Lake Tahoe, can you tell me which IM you did and how it related hill-wise to AMBBR.

I'm in the process of beginning to decide which IM I might like to do in the future. I've been to the Ironman website and compared elevation profiles of all the IMs, but I'd like to know how those compare to a course I've riden (AMBBR). From the Ironman profiles, some of those hlls look huge, but AMBBR had some hills as well. Just curious.

2008-12-04 6:13 PM
in reply to: #1838964

Subject: RE: Ironman Bike Course Elevations compared with America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride
Hi -
I did that Tahoe century several years ago and just completed IMCDA this year. Off the top of my head, there are no climbs in Couer DAlene that compare to those in Tahoe. CDA just has some rollers. I'm thinking of the climb back from Truckee and the long-ish climb on the east side that intersects with Highway 50 (Spooner Junction ...?).
hth
cw
2008-12-05 7:27 PM
in reply to: #1838964

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Land of Mickey-Orlando
Subject: RE: Ironman Bike Course Elevations compared with America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride
Oh....crap!!! What have I gotten myself into!! What did I decide to sign up for this year with my Team in Training Chapter....America's Most Beautiful Ride..

Oh...did I mention...I live in FLORIDA!!

Wish me well..or get the paddles ready for my heart attack!!!!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Ironman Bike Course Elevations compared with America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride Rss Feed