General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriNordique Winter Triathlon! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-10 10:21 PM

Regular
New Hope, MN
Subject: TriNordique Winter Triathlon!

Not sure if you guys heard about this yet, it's not on on midwestevents yet.

The Twin Cities has been in need of a local winter triathlon for years and it is now here with GUARANTEED SNOW!!

Winter Triathlon is actually an official USAT format and consists of a 5-10 k run, 10-20k mountain bike and finishes with a 5-10k cross-country ski.  This format has both nationals and worlds just like other USAT events. How can this not be bigger than it is in a winter state like Minnesota?!

The TriNordique Winter Triathlon is being presented by SCS Multisport and Dr. John Odom.  This course will be a 7.6k (4.6 mile) run, 12k (8 mile) mountain bike and end with a 7.5k ski. The race will be held on March 21st, 2008.  The course will be completely contained in scenic Elm Creek Park Reserve, a jewel in the Three Rivers Park District crown.  Located in Maple Grove, just west of Osseo, on Elm Creek Boulevard, Elm has miles of trails and will be a fabulous spot for the first annual TriNordique Winter Triathlon. This course will be GUARANTEED to have snow. The park is the premiere man-made snow venue for cross- country skiing in the Midwest.
For those of you not ready to get on those skinny skis NO FEAR! We will also be having a 5k snow run on hard packed ski trails. This will be a great chance to get out and get a good run in along with checking out the winter triathlon action.
Bring the kids for the run/ski kid's races. Equipment will be provided!
*Check out Midwestevents.com in the coming days for registration and website information.

2008-12-11 12:27 PM
in reply to: #1848491

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: TriNordique Winter Triathlon!
I just had to say it makes me sad that there will be "guaranteed snow" on a date in March.  Minnesota is so embarrassing.
2008-12-11 12:36 PM
in reply to: #1849288

User image

Extreme Veteran
Woodbury,
Subject: RE: TriNordique Winter Triathlon!

BikerGrrrl - 2008-12-11 12:27 PM I just had to say it makes me sad that there will be "guaranteed snow" on a date in March.  Minnesota is so embarrassing.

It looks like Elm Creek makes their own snow for xc skiing, so it isn't quite so dire.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriNordique Winter Triathlon! Rss Feed