Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 23

2010-01-06 4:28 AM
in reply to: #1861022

User image

Expert
Troy, MI
Subject: RE: FancyPants Group- CLOSED

Hopefully you and your families are having a wonderful new year.  Mine has been eventful to say the least.

Have you guys signed up for any elite endeavors events yet?  Did you get the discount code that is good until Jan. 18?  Do we all want to do an event together?  I think Ginny and I are in for the women's tri.  I am contemplating dooby du and sylvannia tri.  Any thoughts?  

2010-01-06 11:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Central Ohio
I saw that early code too and contemplated going ahead and registering, but didn't.  Need to pay off some Christmas bills and have 2 vacations in the next 2.5 months...so it will probably be spring before I pay up for my tri's. 

I am definitely in though for the Woman's tri.  All of the other tri's I'm comtemplating are going to be local so I don't have to travel much and don't have that added expense. 

So sorry to hear about your daughter Jo, it sounds like you have had a very eventful year already.

Anne, saw your pictures on facebook, looking good girl! 
2010-01-07 8:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
Hopping on here briefly and then have to hit the bike in the basement....

I am in for the women's triathlon. I'm planning on signing up. The Dooby Du is a good early race, but it's normally rainy and cold. That's my only thought on it. Sylvania is an AWESOME race. Mike does it each year and it is always packed, fills up fast. The swim is in Olander Lake, which is where we train all summer. When I do an Oly someday, it will be that race.

The only other race I have on my list, tri-wise, is Maumee Bay as a relay. I have a biker, just got to nab a runner. There is another all women's tri in September I might do, I have to ask my friend where in Ohio it was.

Did you guys join some mentor groups on here? I'd recommend it- just to get more training advice and to get more motivation. My hands are totally full with the kiddo and I do not even get on here to log workouts.

So, workouts....wish I was running, but we are covered in snow. I also am having trouble scheduling in my running. I'm going to write my workouts on my calendar so they are ready. I need to start training for the 7 mile relay leg I have in May for the Flying Pig- we are doing it as a relay. Looks like I either need to get out more here or get to the Y to hit the treadmill- it's just really hard to drag all the kids out! But I will try a bottle with Josie after she passes 6 weeks and hopefully that will help a bit. Today is my first day back on the bike and I'm not thrilled at the prospect, but I have to get started sometime.

Jo, what is up with your daughter? Guess I Need to catch up on training logs...
2010-01-08 7:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sylvania, OH
Hey- I did start a new mentor group if you two want in. I'll still keep up with this one- promise!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » FancyPants Group- CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 23