Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Hello from Melbourne Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2008-12-22 10:59 PM

User image

Subject: Hello from Melbourne
Hi Guys,

thought I would introduce myself on here. I am living in Melbs and back in training again for tri's. I have been doing them on and off since 1996 but unfortunately injuries have limited my participation. I did my second race for this season last weekend and I hope that this is the beginning of a new chapter...... and lets hope some extra speed SOON! Im still not 100% inury free but working around it. I work in exercise physiology and I am also a pe teacher. So thats me.

I look forward to chatting with you all very soon

lj

2008-12-23 2:41 AM
in reply to: #1868800

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: Hello from Melbourne

Hi LJ and welcome to BT! I love your avatar pic!

Congrats on doing the tris you have done, and all the best with rehabbing the injuries. No doubt your background in physio will serve you well in that regard.

Best of luck for the upcoming season too!

2008-12-23 3:54 PM

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria

Hi LJ,

Welcome(again).

Which races have you done this season? I did the Brooks at Stkilda that ended up being a duathlon. Not great conditions but I had fun. Are you doing any more races this season?

I studied Human movement about 100 years ago but I don't work in the field (never did really).

Looking forward to chatting with another local!

Tammie

2008-12-24 12:09 AM

User image

Hi all...

thanks for the warm welcome AGAIN

funny Bondgirl I studied exercise science too. Not a 100 years ago but a little while ago

Hoping we may be able to get a really good group together from Australia on here AND of course anyone from USA is welcome to join us!

thanks for the compliment on my Avtar. I LOVE Sara Reistein (probs spelt it wrong!) she is MY HERO!!!! She was in Melbourne a few years back doing a race and I just about popped at the seems in excitement!

Look forward to chatting with everyone.

Lori x
2010-03-01 4:21 PM

Hi girls,

I am Laura, 25, from near franskton, and i have just taken training seriously for the first time in about 4 years!

Went for my firt proper run yesterday - nearly died and it was only 3km!!!!Embarassed How LAME! LOL

I used to Row, then work and life got in the way! I am a Musculoskeletal Therapist, just graduating from a Bach. Health Science! Yay!

Just wanted to check in with some fellow "Athletes"... And wish LJ good luck with her upcoming Events!!!

Chat soon
LT x

2010-03-03 5:20 PM

User image

Regular
There's a few of us Melbournians lurking here at BT.  I work with 2 other guys that are members here.  Great place to learn new things and get motivated when training takes a back-seat to work, life, kids, etc.

Doug

2010-03-03 6:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
I am in Port Melbourne and back into triathlon after a long long break Did the BRW on the weekend as a fill in on someone else's team and loved it - was harder than I remember though I have to admit! Would love to get out for some group runs along the Bay if anyone is keen.
M
2010-03-29 4:56 PM

User image

Veteran
Lyndhurst
Hi everyone!

Bit of a lurker from Melbourne myself, just starting to take this seriously now...
Realised this is the best thing to track my training and show my coaches!!

I am in the Cranbourne area, originally from Shepparton... so going to aim for the half in Shepp this year..

Wow, that's the first time I've said it out loud... (well, typed it...) Now I'm scared

Jess.
2010-03-30 6:11 AM
in reply to: #2756429

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
swayerm - 2010-03-30 9:56 AM Hi everyone!

Bit of a lurker from Melbourne myself, just starting to take this seriously now...
Realised this is the best thing to track my training and show my coaches!!

I am in the Cranbourne area, originally from Shepparton... so going to aim for the half in Shepp this year..

Wow, that's the first time I've said it out loud... (well, typed it...) Now I'm scared

Jess.

Hi Jess
I live quite a distance from you. But I too am thinking of Shep...just starting to say it out loud myself! Scary but I figure if I dont do it now I'll be ninety before I know it and it'll be too late and it's gotta be done!
ther's a couple of people from Melbourne who are planning to do it on here.
What races have you done in the past?

Edited by bondgirl 2010-03-30 6:14 AM
2010-03-30 9:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Lyndhurst
I've only done a few sprint races this year.
Triathlon Pink, an Omara Cycles one, and the last one of the XOSIZE series.

Nothing major.

I was an athlete when I was younger, a swimmer, so I am familiar with all the training and races and things.
Not planning on doing it in a spectacular time, just doing a Tony Abbott and finishing the race will be fine with me I grew up in Shepp, so I am more proving a point by doing it I guess.

Still in two minds about it to be honest. I think if I can deal with my injury (ITB, bleh) and put in some decent hours before September, then I will enter.
I spent the 50 bucks to become a bronze member, so I downloaded the program...
Also joined the Casey Tri club so I can get some coaching, so I am definitely going to try to make it... just juggling it with work, study and everything else... might be a little ambitious, but I am the kind of person who needs a goal

Was just going to start a thread on Shepp actually, see if we can get the other two people involved...
Hello, Shepp people, are you out there... lol.

2010-03-31 7:32 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Melbourne
Planning on doing Shep as well, was up there TOing last year and thought the day was brilliantly run by the local club, definitely going back this year.  Looks as though it will be part of my prep for IM distance in January though.

How's Casey club going?  They only just started this year so interesting to hear how things are going.

2010-04-01 2:43 AM

User image

Veteran
Lyndhurst
Hi!,

I will let you know when I get into it a bit more.
They are on break at the moment, so I've been encouraged to start attending starting at the end of April, when they start training over winter.

Looking forward to it... scared a bit though.
They are seperating into two squads, recreational and professional (or whatever they're calling it!!).
I am a little in both camps, I could hold my own with the "pro's" in the swim, not so much in the other two!

So we will see what happens
2010-04-11 5:50 AM

User image

Perth, WA
Hi everyone

Moving to Melbourne soon and looking at joining Brunswick City Baths as I plan on living out near the Tullmarine Airport. My goal is to complete the Australian Half Ironman Series this year starting with Busselton in a few weeks.
2010-04-11 6:20 AM
in reply to: #2783026

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
Chocky - 2010-04-11 10:50 PM Hi everyone

Moving to Melbourne soon and looking at joining Brunswick City Baths as I plan on living out near the Tullmarine Airport. My goal is to complete the Australian Half Ironman Series this year starting with Busselton in a few weeks.

Hi Chocky.
Welcometo Melbourne...bit cold here today
Good luck with the Half Ironman series and enjoy Bussleton. Maybe I'll see you at Shep.
Tammie
PS...I'm over the other side of town in Eltham. (read "hills')
2010-04-13 7:53 PM
in reply to: #2783033

User image

Perth, WA
Actually after much consideration and research I think I will move to the Epping Area and join the Eltham Tri Club so my kids can join up with the juniors. So I will most likely catch up with you at some stage.
2010-04-13 8:53 PM
in reply to: #2789756

User image

Expert
Eltham North, Victoria
Chocky - 2010-04-14 12:53 PM Actually after much consideration and research I think I will move to the Epping Area and join the Eltham Tri Club so my kids can join up with the juniors. So I will most likely catch up with you at some stage.

That's not far from me at all. And I've swum with the Eltham Tri Club a couple of times...actually thinking of braving their Wednesday night sessions again in preparation for Shep.
They swim at the Eltham Leisure Centre on Wednesday nights at 8ish. This suits me as I am a mum and I get to do the family stuff thin sneak out when it doesn't bother anyone! It's only a 25m pool tho' but it's where I do most of my swimming. They do other sessions at other locations also. I enjoyed their sessions and the coach seems really good.
Look forward to meeting you when you get here
Tam

New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Hello from Melbourne Rss Feed