BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Tri-Z mentor group - Closed for Now Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2009-04-10 7:20 AM
in reply to: #2075154

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: Tri-Z mentor group - Closed for Now
Aaaah yes... that would do it, I missed that "edit" button.  But where do you get your actual race info as far as your swim time and rank, bike time and rank, etc.  Does the race post results and you get it from there?

2009-04-10 7:27 AM
in reply to: #2075588

User image

Veteran
You get all that from the race results from the chip time.  It is normally posted the day after the race on the race website.
2009-04-10 7:20 PM
in reply to: #1872726

User image

Husbands bike tire went flat. Bike has been in garage and he changed both the tires and inner tubes back after "big crash." Any clue as to why it went flat again? Tube won't even hold air now but have been changed and only ridden twice in the last couple of months.
2009-04-10 9:21 PM
in reply to: #2077300

User image

Wesley Chapel, FL
It may be a pinched valve!  That's what happened to mine when I flatted on my first race.  I got a flat the week before the race, had it changed two days before (at a different bike shop) and then I got a slow leak in the race.  When I took it to my bike shop, they said whoever changed it didn't push the valve in and it pinched and caused a slow leak there at the valve stem.  So ... I'd take it to the bike shop and have them get a look at it and they should be able to pinpoint it for you! 
2009-04-11 4:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Frisco, Texas

^^^what she said^^^ 

seriously though...bike shop should help. i'd take it there too...

2009-04-11 11:08 PM

User image

Veteran

Hi Everyone!  If you get a chance, give Lindsay a shout!  Very sad to say that she was riding on Friday and had a spill, got back on and finished the ride, then did a great brick run!  Unfortunately, the fall resulted in a broken arm.  Lets stop by her blog and give her some encouragement.   I hate to see others injured and keep them away from this awesome, addicting sport!

Happy Easter - Enjoy your day!!!

Jenny

2009-04-22 9:39 AM

User image

I would have considered this a big problem, except we have one amongst us that is training with a BROKEN ARM! Surprised So my tiny little problem....I was running this morning in shoes that are not usually my running shoes and they were kinda mishapen but I really wanted to get a workout it and I felt great. I went to the gym after work, had asked the hubby to help me get ready last night before I left and put together a gym bag for me and these were the shoes I found this morning at the gym.

Anyway. I ran on the tredmil and felt GREAT! When I got home my toe hurt. Under the nail is all red and turning dark and looks like I could loose the toenail. Race (tiny baby race but really looking foward to it) is Saturday. Now it is slightly sore to walk. Advice oh hero forum that has great advice?
2009-04-22 9:57 AM
in reply to: #2102363

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

Advice from a newbie runner... for what it's worth, maybe take a day or two off and hope it feels better?  I would probably run on it anyways, even if it hurts on Saturday, but I can be an idiot that way!  I've already lost one toenail, it's not too bad, but I don't wear sandals!  Good luck on the race, Nadine!!

2009-04-22 9:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Frisco, Texas

it's not the last time you'll have this issue with your toe...sorry to say. if it hurts...i'd take some advil/tylenol and see if it feels better then go ahead and run...or wait the pain out and run when it feels better. toenails falling off is, sadly, part of the game...but nothing to be alarmed about. my bf ran a marathon with me in december and his turned bloody/black and blue almost immediately and still hasn't fallen off, although it's growing out. i get ingrown toenails all the time vs. the black toenail..but neither are anything to worry about.  keep on a runnin' sister...and know it's going to happen again, probably.

2009-04-26 8:00 AM
in reply to: #2104260

User image

Expert
Temple, TX

CONGRATS TO NADINE ON HER 12TH PLACE AG FINISH YESTERDAY!!!!  (3RD IN THE SWIM!!!)

DOESN'T SHE ROCK, GIRLS!!!!!!

I have to say I am so proud of all of us in the Tri-Z red hot mama group... we are surviving injuries, training like crazy, supporting each other, and living the lifestyle.  We ALL rock!!!

2009-05-02 8:58 PM

I'm now a member of Team in Training (TNT), raising funds to find a cure for leukemia, and competing at Nation's Triathlon in September!!
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ntx/nattri09/lbowerman

Most of you have seen this info. on my blog and asked a few ? about it too.  I know most of you can relate to me and being a total addict to triathlons.  I love the training and competing aspects so much I've decided to put my love into a great cause in trying to find a cure for LLS, blood cancers.  My family has been affected by leukemia twice.  My cousin Wendy passed away in 2007 after a relapse to leukemia that her body couldn't fight a second time.  Also, my cousin, Greg, Jenny's (Tri-Z) brother, is currently in the maintenance stage after being diagnosed in 2007 with leukemia.  I hope to make him, his family and all other blood cancer families and patients proud at the finish line in aiding to find a cure. 
Please check out my site and consider making a donation to help us find a cure!!

2009-05-16 4:34 PM

User image

GO HILDE!!!!! Very exciting! First of many Triathlons. Try to get rest today/tonight. <<<Hugs>>> From all of us! I'm sure this will be a great exciting awesome race that you will totally kick butt at.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Tri-Z mentor group - Closed for Now Rss Feed  

of 10