General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Compression Gear For Recovery 101 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-02 12:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Compression Gear For Recovery 101

Guys and Gals,

I have been at this triathlon training for two years now.  A lot of you on here have already forgotten more than I know!

That said, I have learned that you can buy just about anything to improve your performance in racing.  Bikes, aero-helmets, aero-wheels, carbon this, carbon that...etc.  We all know what it boils down to is more training () equals better results.

Being able to train is much more important than having better equipment to race.  I think we can all agree on that.  So my question for you all is: 

1.  What benefits do you see in the new compression gear for recovery?  Is this simply more hype and marketing or are you seeing actual benefits from this gear.

2.  What price would you be willing to pay for recovery equipment that was scientifically and medically proven to enhance the recovery process.  Consider it compression gear on steroids!

The reason I am asking this, is I have an opportunity to partner with a VERY VERY smart guy who has the technology ready for this kind of product.  He has been been around for years but has never tapped into the sports recovery market.  In addition this specfic product/technology has only been available via medical prescription in the past.  After three years of battling the FDA it can now be purchased over the counter (OTC) and I think the benefits could be huge for endurance athletes.

This is not another "supplement" in the already crowded marketplace.  Yes patents are already in place for the products, but I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics at this time.  I am in the process of recruiting some local athletes for study on the product and should have field results back in about a month.

Please help me by responding with what exactly are your general recovery routines and would you be willing to pay ($150-$250) for a reuseable product that has the science behind it to increase recovery time by 25%-100%

Thanks SO much for your help and responses.

2009-01-02 3:47 PM
in reply to: #1882839

User image

Champion
Atlanta, Ga
Subject: RE: Compression Gear For Recovery 101

If you could come up with something that was actually studied and showed results that would be worth a lot to me and my athletes.

Recovery compression gear has been shown to promote blood flow in the recovery phase.  Read: Embolizm(sp) socks.  If you have studies showing that they work on healthy athletes, that would be worth a pretty penny.  I don't believe any studies have been shown on healthy athletes.

Most has been anecdotal evidence.

2009-01-02 5:46 PM
in reply to: #1883112

User image

Cycling Guru
Fulton, MD

Dan, from my understanding there are actual studies showing benefits from wearing recovery tights as a recovery tool in healthy individuals, it is just there is nothing about using them DURING exercise in athletes out there.

Don't have the link to the article a guy wrote about it, but he cited something there.  It was posted here a few weeks ago.

2009-01-02 8:55 PM
in reply to: #1882839

User image

Extreme Veteran

Guys,

Thanks for the input.  I will keep you posted on the progress.

Dan, we are located in N. Georgia and might be looking for some additional athletes for testing.  Would you and your group be interested?

2009-01-02 9:09 PM
in reply to: #1883231

User image

Champion
Fountain Hills, AZ
Daremo - 2009-01-02 5:46 PM

Dan, from my understanding there are actual studies showing benefits from wearing recovery tights as a recovery tool in healthy individuals, it is just there is nothing about using them DURING exercise in athletes out there.

Don't have the link to the article a guy wrote about it, but he cited something there.  It was posted here a few weeks ago.

x2
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Compression Gear For Recovery 101 Rss Feed