General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoulder/chest issue Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-01-08 7:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Millersville, MD
Subject: Shoulder/chest issue
Last week, while doing pushups, I felt weakness on the area where the pec attaches to the shoulder during a pushup. Sort of a grating feeling. On the next pushup, the pec/shoulder hurt so bad it just gave out and I stopped. I iced it, took NSAI's, and rested it. I tried swimming 5 days later and stopped right away. The pec area is very sore in the area it attaches to the shoulder. Doesn't hurt all the time, just when the pec contracts. Any pressure which makes the pec engage, like using your arm to push on a table while standing up from a chair, makes it hurt. Seems like more of a pec injury than a shoulder injury, which I assume is a good thing. Anyone expereince anything like this before?

2009-01-13 10:31 AM
in reply to: #1896309

User image

Winston, Salem NC
Subject: RE: Shoulder/chest issue
I had a similar pain from swimming - I thought it was a muscle pain, but it was closer to my armpit area - but my chest hurt quite a bit. I had to stop swimming immediately as well. I went to the doc and had some stress fractures on my first 2 ribs - and maybe some more on the lower - but the Xray didn't show that far down. It's been 4 weeks roughly - and it's pretty limiting.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Shoulder/chest issue Rss Feed