General Discussion Race Reports! » Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 10K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Redondo Beach Super Bowl Sunday 10K - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Redondo Beach, California
United States
Redondo Beach Chamber of Commerce
63F / 17C
Overcast
Total Time = 55m 2s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I was feeling nostalgic. 4 years ago this was my first run race ever, the 5K. The night before, I had set out my race number, clothes, shoes, some gatorade, a PB sandwich, all very serious and prepared.

This year, woke up, grabbed some clothes, and rode my bike down to my gym, next door to the start, and signed up on site. Maybe had a bottle of water. Registered that morning, ran a little just to warm up.

Wasn't looking to PR, just getting back into running after Nov. IMAZ,no speed work, about 15 miles a week. Was just going to run our local race with friends.

And I had ridden 90 miles from Irvine to San Diego the day before. My legs were a little toasty.
Run
  • 55m 2s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

Not as crowded as it felt before. Felt like I ran pretty steady throughout, but ended up neg. splitting each mile. First couple miles are always slow in the crowd.

It's not a flat course, but not "hilly," somewhat challenging, one big "hill" about .5 mile from the end.

Hadn't been keeping track of splits in particular, and missed the mile 4 marker altogether. Running around the corner realized I might be able to break 55. Major goal is to break 50, so it's a step on the way. Sprinted in, crossed the line at 55:00:97 on my Garmins (55:02 official). Oh so close.....

Splits
9:35
9:13
8:46
8:35
8:29
8:24

Always nice to PR when you're not expecting to. Not especially speedy, but getting there.

Post race

Last updated: 2009-02-04 12:00 AM
Running
00:55:02 | 06.21 miles | 08m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Ave HR 161, max 179
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %