General Discussion Race Reports! » Thunder Road Amica Insurance Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Thunder Road Amica Insurance Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Charlotte, North Carolina
United States
Thunder Road Marathon
35F / 2C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 47m 43s
Overall Rank = 91/1151F
Age Group = F40-44
Age Group Rank = 9/131
Pre-race routine:

We were staying in a hotel right at the finish line. My DH could actually watch me cross the finish line without leaving the room (and see me better than if he was standing on the side of the road) - so that was what he did.

I didn't get much sleep because of a domestic disturbance in the hall of our hotel the night before (the police had to be called). So, after just a couple of hours of sleep, I got up, ate, dressed and headed for the start line.
Event warmup:

I walked the couple of blocks from the hotel to the start line. I went inside the convention center to try to stay warm until the start.
Run
  • 1h 47m 43s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 13s  min/mile
Comments:

I had decided to do this race because we were going to be here this weekend anyway (we had tickets to the Panthers vs. Broncos game the next day). So, I was running it just for fun. Since it is a hilly course and I don't usually train on hills, I had planned to slow my pace a bit and enjoy the run. I didn't even wear a watch or HRM because I didn't care about my time or pace.

I ended up doing much better than I expected. It wasn't a PR, but it was only about a minute slower than my PR (and my PR was on a flat course).
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. I had a great time and just enjoyed the run.
Post race
Warm down:

I walked through the finish chute. Grabbed a water and banana. Then I made my way through the crowds and back into my hotel. My DH was in the room and told me he had a great view of me crossing the finish line.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing.

Event comments:

This was a good race. It was cold, but I run much better in the cold. The colder it is the faster I seem to be able to run.

Last updated: 2008-09-17 12:00 AM
Running
01:47:43 | 13.1 miles | 08m 13s  min/mile
Age Group: 9/131
Overall: 91/1151F
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-02-16 8:13 AM

User image

Veteran
Fayetteville, NC
Subject: Thunder Road Amica Insurance Half Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Thunder Road Amica Insurance Half Marathon Rss Feed