General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First time you wore tri jersey and bike shorts In public Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2009-02-19 12:13 PM
in reply to: #1967082

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: First time you wore tri jersey and bike shorts In public
i spend as much waking time in spandex as i do in normal clothes, kind of feels normal to me.

i was used to to it from rowing before this so nothing new for me

2009-02-19 12:14 PM
in reply to: #1967082

User image

Champion
i spend as much waking time in spandex as i do in normal clothes, kind of feels normal to me.

i was used to to it from rowing before this so nothing new for me
2009-02-19 3:01 PM
in reply to: #1968949

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana

moabrunner - 2009-02-18 2:42 PM My first tri I did not wear it because I thought it looked bad. But after riding my bike with my shirt and shorts flopping in the wind I realized that looked even worse. Plus almost everyone is wearing that stuff out there so you should feel right at home. I gotta say what is worse is that I ride my bike to work and wear the full getup on every ride. I am a firefighter and I hear a rash of sh%t every time I walk in the door. That took some balls the first time I did it let me tell ya.

Yes, you get man of the year for walking into the fire station dressed out ! You will never loose your man card !

I have really enjoyed reading the responses, such great attitute and sense of humor in this group !

2009-02-19 3:05 PM
in reply to: #1969423

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
morganjohnson - 2009-02-18 5:57 PM

I remember buying my first pair of cycling shorts.  Wanting to avoid the exorbitant bike shop prices I'd seen, I went to a large sporting goods store.  I found an employee standing by themselves, and in a very low voice asked if she could tell me where the bike shorts were located.  She proceeded to yell across the way to "Benny," "Hey Benny, where do we keep the bike shorts??"  Benny didn't know, so he asked Michelle.  Michelle asked Paul on the store intercom.  I am backing away and doing my best to pretend that I have no clue what's going on.  My god - who would want to buy bike shorts?  Weirdo.  Spandex?  Please.  "Miss...  Miss?  The bike shorts are over there [incredibly good-looking] Jake will show you!"  Please kill me now.

Thank god triathlon cured me of that!  I've now been to the bar in spandex post-ride multiple times! 

Ok, I hurt from laughing so hard ! Love your storytelling abilities, felt like I was right there with you !!! Now, where is Jake ?............lol

2009-02-19 3:14 PM
in reply to: #1970012

User image

Extreme Veteran
Indiana
TriGUS - 2009-02-19 8:38 AM

This photo might be helpful in choosing your next suit/shorts (especially if you're a guy)

I think I will just add the link, just in case the kids are sitting on your lap...

Red Lycra

Mark

OH MY GAWD !! Thanks for the great laugh !

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First time you wore tri jersey and bike shorts In public Rss Feed  

of 3