General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Birmingham, AL - New Triathlon Club Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-22 2:11 AM

User image

Birmingham, AL
Subject: Birmingham, AL - New Triathlon Club
Announcing a new triathlon club that's starting in Birmingham, AL. Went to the first meeting this weekend and around 20 or 30 people showed up which I thought was great. It looks like this one might actually work. They seem very well organized and just got their website up. They really want to start doing organized group rides with SAG support which I think is something this area really needs. For total newbies, they're having a 6 week (I think?) long clinic getting those new to the sport ready for the Tri-It-On and Buster Britton races. Anyway, the site is http://www.vulcantri.com. It's very new, so they're still working out the kinks and much more will be added later. BTW, it looks like the first ride will be the Powerman course this weekend (if the weather holds up!). Check it out!

2007-08-26 9:16 PM
in reply to: #132606

User image

Subject: RE: Birmingham, AL - New Triathlon Club
Just joined up this month.  Really excited I hope it grows and links fellow athletes in the area.
2008-01-16 8:15 PM

Where do you guys/gals meet? I am in Chelsea and looking for a training group?
2008-01-17 7:59 AM

User image

Veteran
Meet at Oak moutain go on to the website and they will give you the brick schedule. Also have mock triathlon races for members at Oak Mountain.  Matt the guy who started it is great
2008-01-18 10:13 AM
in reply to: #1160761

New user

Annual Kick off party is Sunday.

=====

Date: Sunday January 20, 2008

Time: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm

Location: Birmingham Zoo – The Zoo Lodge (http://www.birminghamzoo.com/)

Cost: $5 per person or free if you renew your membership that day!

More Details

It will be a casual fun event for all triathletes, wanna-be triathletes, used-to-be triathletes, anyone that has heard of triathlon as well as their friends and families.  Bring the kids along and visit the zoo before the party for free!!*.  Then make sure to get to the party at the Zoo Lodge on time because for the first 30 minutes we will have animals there greeting our guests!!  Yes, they will be handled by appropriately trained zoo personnel.  We’ll have a short business meeting during the party during which we will elect the 2008 officers and cover a few other items of business.  And of course there will be lots of good food including chicken skewers with fresh herbs, roast beef sandwiches, tossed salad, pasta salad, as well as fruit, cheese and vegetable trays.  AND there will be some fun door prizes!

Again, the cost to you is only $5 per person or if you renew your membership at the party ($25 for individuals and $30 for families), the party is free.  I mean, you can’t get much better than that.  There is no pre-payment method for the party; just pay at the door (cash or check only).  If you do renew your membership, it will not expire until 12 months from your current expiration date.

If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]

=====

Hope this helps,

Tim

2008-01-19 3:33 PM
in reply to: #1161378

Hey Rev...

What's the web address?

Darren

2008-01-21 9:15 PM

User image

Veteran
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Birmingham, AL - New Triathlon Club Rss Feed