General Discussion Race Reports! » Bank of America Gasparilla Half-Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Bank of America Gasparilla Half-Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Tampa Bay, Florida
United States
Bank of America
60F / 16C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 54m 41s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 36/127
Pre-race routine:

Nothing unusual, got up 1 cup of coffee some fruit and dry cereal. Did a little stretching as I waited on my ride. Got to Tampa went into Convention center and stayed relaxed. Saw a few folks from Lakeland and chatted, got ourselves ready and headed out to the start area.
Event warmup:

Stretched and did a short warm up jog. Positioned myself with the 3:50 marathon pace group. Wasn't nervous just wanted to have a great day, I felt my training was right, I just needed to do it right.
Run
  • 1h 54m 41s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 45s  min/mile
Comments:

Everything went really well, hit my mile times just right, running out Bayshore was tough, but the same for everyone. Slowed my time a bit, but I have no complaints. Just tryed to stay relaxed running into the wind and finish strong.
What would you do differently?:

I"m not sure, I feel like I did what I was capable of doing.
Post race
Warm down:

Not much, got some nutriion, the rains and wind was picking up. My ride and I decided to go ahead and head home. Stretched some when I got home.

Event comments:

Great time and lots of activity, the expo on Saturday had some great buying opportunities, I wish I know this ahead of time. Next Year.

Last updated: 2009-03-03 12:00 AM
Running
01:54:41 | 13.1 miles | 08m 45s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/127
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Avg HR for the event was 167 fastest mile was 8:10 the last one.
Course: Mostly flat I liked it. I enjoyed that you were able to pass through the finish area twice, so people got a chance to support their racers easily.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %<1%
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-03-03 6:51 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lakeland
Subject: Bank of America Gasparilla Half-Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bank of America Gasparilla Half-Marathon Rss Feed