General Discussion Triathlon Talk » had my first moment of mental toughness today for the season Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-03-05 5:03 PM

User image

Subject: had my first moment of mental toughness today for the season
I do a long strength training regimen twice a week; a P90X conglomeration that lasts an hour and a half and really kills me. This morning I was wiped out after a late night at work and was dogging it, going easy. Until I thought of that moment in an open water race when you are in the water, nervous and about to get beaten, kicked, scratched grabbed, climbed over and almost drowned. The stress was ptsd like and then I decided to work really hard and even went for a swim over lunch. I have no intention of being tri start fodder this year.

relate?

Edited by Ganze 2009-03-05 5:04 PM

2009-03-05 5:26 PM
in reply to: #2000318

User image

Elite
DC Metro, slowly working my way to NC
Subject: RE: had my first moment of mental toughness today for the season

I've had those little stress spikes during a workout when I think about a race and then the adrenaline kicks in.

Last night I was sharing a lane with someone, and as we passed each other, he bonked me right on the head.  I didn't miss a beat - kept thinking, "it's great OWS practice!" and managed to pick up my pace a bit to boot.  (He did apologize when we were at the wall at the same time later.)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » had my first moment of mental toughness today for the season Rss Feed