St. Patrick Society of Peoria
48F / 9C
Overcast
Total Time = 26m 53s
Overall Rank = 77/143
Age Group = 30 - 39
Age Group Rank = 16/20
Pre-race routine:

Woke up around 5:30 a.m. Ate a banana, bowl of oatmeal and had a cup of coffee. Made sure I had everything, streched - light .5 mile jog around 7 a.m. - out the door at 7:15 a.m.
Event warmup:

Got registered, talked w/ Team T3 guys - Chris, Pat, Glenn, Nick and Mike while we were waiting - took about a .5 mile warm-up jog with the guys approx 10-15 minutes prior to start
Run
  • 26m 53s
  • 3.13 miles
  • 08m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

Overall, I felt ok with my run. Certainly wasn't what I was hoping for - and part of that is my fault. I take it for a first race...............was just nice to know the season has now officially started. Wasn't ready for some the headwind and incline x3 on the course - my bad!
What would you do differently?:

Do more interval drills..................I paid the price for not doing enough of them during the winter months. Plenty of time to make up for that though.
Post race
Warm down:

Cheered in the rest of the competitors, ate some ruit, drank some water - chatted with the guys and waited for the results to get posted.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

myself

Event comments:

Thought is was a good turnout looking at previous year's data - last yr there were 83 and this year 143 competitors. I'm sure the weather has something to do with that. I believe this was everyone's first year doing this event, so didn't know what to expect. Was too much IRISH folk music for my liking................but hey, it's almost St. Patty's Day and Jack Kenny was Irish.

Last updated: 2009-02-19 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:53 | 03.13 miles | 08m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 16/20
Overall: 77/143
Performance: Average
Course: hahaha - I went with Chris's Garmin - 3.13 miles! Course had some rolling hills - 3 loop closed course (except a pick-up did come through on lap 2) - pavement - some uneven/broken spots in the pavement, but overall not bad.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2009-03-07 12:09 PM

User image

Subject: Jack Kenny 5k Run/Walk

2009-03-07 3:48 PM
in reply to: #2003692

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pekin, IL
Subject: RE: Jack Kenny 5k Run/Walk
Great first race of the season.  You looked strong out there.
2009-03-07 10:01 PM
in reply to: #2003883

User image

Subject: RE: Jack Kenny 5k Run/Walk
Yeah................we'd all love to be fast right, but anything under 9 min p/mi is good for me. I too need to shed some poundage if I ever want to consistently get under 8 min per mile. Got some work to do yet, but glad the season is underway! Need to stay consistent with my training...................and get some better running shoes....felt like I was running in boots today.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Jack Kenny 5k Run/Walk Rss Feed