Disney
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 13m 51s
Overall Rank = 5222/6150
Age Group = F 40-44
Age Group Rank = 728/851
Pre-race routine:

Had a yummy starbucks double-shot and 2 blueberry muffins. Helped Tammy load the scooter into her van and sat in traffic forEVER. I don't know why parking was such trouble at 5:40 AM, but it was. I think Disney scrimped on the number of parking attendants and didn't fill the lot from both sides at once.

It was 55 degrees at the start (aaaah :) and I planned to wearing a jacket that I'd hand off to hubby. Well, ten paces later, they wouldn't let men anywhere near the corrals, so I had to freeze while waiting around. Ran into Melissa (trihardathena) on the walk over.....I also visited the bushes.
Event warmup:

Saw a girl with an adorable scrunchie with very sheen ribbons that was so cute that I almost said something to her about it, but decided to focus on finding Tammy instead. Ten seconds later, I hear my name and the girl with the adorable scrunchie is Sue (Socks). YAY for running into Sue!
Run
  • 3h 13m 51s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 14m 48s  min/mile
Comments:

No fireworks at the start, but they did some cool pink haze thing. Started running . . . Just before the mile 1 marker, I head Tammy and her clanging coin wrap run by....I hustled and caught up to her and ran with her for about 5 min or until I couldn't stay at her pace any longer. While we were running together, I noticed Melissa pass us..YAY Missy!

Saw lots of cool costumes, it seemed almost everyone had at least a tiara or something on. Ran mostly 3/2 or 2/3 till about mile 10. The is the 3rd time I've done this route, so mostly I entertained myself by watching costumes on the folks passing. Saw a couple of people with signs on their backs that said "Erica made me do it" and a cool spectator with a sign that said "Go Imaginary Friends."

All throughout the race, there were Sharpie princess trivia signs that asked things like "Which princess sing, which ones go barefoot, and which storied have a rose in them?" I knew NONE of the answers. I felt so stupid...like maybe my 'girl card' would get taken away or something...especially when I asked someone around me, "Who is Jasmine?" Their response suggested that perhaps I've been living under a rock to NOT know that Jasmine is the princess from Aladdin. Anyways, my bib indicated that my favorite princess was Cinderella...because like her, I met a handsome prince who 'saved me' from my crazy family!

Around mile 11 or so, the sun came out and tried to pierce my brain with its evil rays. I was thankful I had carried sunglasses all morning, but the heat slowed me down. I wasn't able to push as hard as I would have liked to, but I am proud of myself for not giving in completely to walking the rest of the way home.

As I rounded the corner to the finish, I saw a couple who had Disney Marathon shirts on and I asked "where's the choir?" as I rounded the spot where the choir was for the full. They said there was a long story about the choir that would be revealed at the after-party. Hmmm.

Saw hubby right before the finish!
Post race
Warm down:

Collected the VERY cool (and heavy!) tiara medal with sparkling rhinestones!! Bypassed the photo booth and went straight for the DIET COKE! Helped myself to two of them! Found Tammy who later said, "Wasn't this the best race EVER?" I'm so glad she liked the Disney experience.

Event comments:

Disney is Disney. Large race with a HUGE back of the pack field. Crowds, way early start time. But, I've found that the people participating in Disney races as a group are there to have FUN, they bring cameras, take character pictures, dress in costume and party the whole time!

Last updated: 2008-05-05 12:00 AM
Running
03:13:51 | 13.1 miles | 14m 48s  min/mile
Age Group: 728/851
Overall: 5222/6150
Performance: Average
5K-43:24 10k-1:27:56 15k-2:16:01
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-03-11 6:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Disney's Princess Half-Marathon

2009-03-11 6:39 PM
in reply to: #2012097

User image

Champion
MA
Subject: RE: Disney's Princess Half-Marathon

Sounds like a great weekend and fun race.

Nice job~

2009-03-11 6:57 PM
in reply to: #2012097

User image

Champion
Sydney
Subject: RE: Disney's Princess Half-Marathon

This race sounds like so much fun! Love the pink haze at that start too

Sounds like yuo had a blast!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Disney's Princess Half-Marathon Rss Feed