Sunny
Total Time = 40m 25s
Overall Rank = 441/1592
Age Group = 65 & over
Age Group Rank = 4/15
Pre-race routine:

up @ 6:15, breakfast, 2 eggo waffles. Light stretching before leaving
Event warmup:

30 min before start time began jogging around starting line area.
Run
  • 40m 25s
  • 5 miles
  • 08m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

Tough race for me because of the hills and because it was the first race of the 09 season for me. The race started on about a 1/4 mile downhill and ended with about a 1/4 mile uphill run to the finish line. Pretty good hills also in the middle of the course. Roads are pretty beat up down in the Flats with chuck holes and the like. Running over the steel grated decked river bridges was not much fun either; weired feeling underfoot.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

My knee problems over the past 3 months have definitely forced me to cut back on my overall training. My weight is also up 3 or 4 lbs over my normal mid-season weight.

Event comments:

Post race activities at McCarthy's a -zoo- . It's packed; shoulder to shoulder. I didn't stay for the results ... 1600 runners in the 5 mile race. A new location for post race activities and results needs to be located....if that's possible. Will I do the race again next year? You bet!

Last updated: 2009-03-13 12:00 AM
Running
00:40:25 | 05 miles | 08m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/15
Overall: 441/1592
Performance: Good
My Garmin 305 was acting up for the race today. GPS was looseing satelite connection randomly. So, data collect was inaccurate and of little use. For whatever reason it did not collect any HR data either. :-( I'll have to check it out asap. Perhaps the cold weather has something to do with these issues. It was 20 degrees when I left for the race @ 7:10 AM
Course: This is probably the most difficult run course I will run all season. Hills and they just keep coming at you.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?