General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The real response to Jason Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-03-27 9:00 PM

User image

New user

La Verne
Subject: The real response to Jason
Greetings. A few comments regarding Mr. Spencer’s views on the core strength article. I made no assumption about or attack on physical therapy, I merely made an observation from my experiences. In reading the article now, I should have let it read as it did originally, “Often times in physical therapy…” To view my comments as an attack is ridiculous. Along with being a triathlon coach, I am also part owner of two successful physical therapy facilities and one gym. Health, fitness, and well being are not only hobbies, but my livelihood. Why would I want to compromise myself, my associates, or those exposed to my work?

Any training article should be viewed with care and adapted according to your season and current level of activity. The exercises presented here do not put anyone in any more danger than any other inappropriately followed program. In addition to the website’s medical warning, I too note “Begin the program conservatively; it is better to realize you could have gone harder…” The exercises progress from easier to more challenging exercises. Mr. Spencer does provide good advice regarding what I will call the core warm up routine.

I also want to commend Mr. Spencer’s understanding of the personal training world and the weekend certifications that are available. I do not limit myself to one of those, nor do I work with/hire anybody who does. In his selective quotes, Mr. Spencer fails to mention my Master’s Degree. And please sir, I do not “infer” anything about my certifications, education nor experience. For those who are interested please view the following links:

-Manny Escalante’s bio: http://www.cruciblefitness.com/coaching/coaches/manny/index.htm
-Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC) info: http://www.nata.org/publicinformation/files/FactsaboutATCS.pdf
-Personal Trainer American Council on Exercise: www.acefitness.org

The letters behind the name give an idea of my background, akin to starting a sentence with “I am a Licensed Physical Therapist…”

Mr. Spencer wisely comments
“We all have to make choices about the advice we follow…”, and I agree that “the majority of the individuals on this site are looking for real advice from people with experience and training.”

It is for this reason that I thank Ron and Oveda for putting together a great resource, and for allowing me to contribute. I can assure you that my advice in the core article, and in future articles, is sound. Crucible Fitness prides itself in education, and we look forward to sharing our experiences.

Mr. Spencer, et al. may contact me directly at [email protected], or at World Gym West Covina 626.859.2050.

Stay Healthy. Train Smart.

Yours in Health,
Manny E.

Edited by Manny 2005-03-27 9:10 PM

2005-03-27 10:36 PM
in reply to: #134639

Elite
Livingston, MT
Subject: RE: The real response to Jason
what thread is this in reference to? I feel like I missed out on a juicy one.

Edited by ChuckyFinster 2005-03-27 10:36 PM
2005-03-27 10:41 PM

User image

Pro
Los Angeles, CA
It was a juicy one

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Edited by auto208562 2005-03-27 10:42 PM
2005-03-28 8:18 AM

User image

Veteran
game, set, match!

Nice, reasonable reply Manny. Oh yeah, you put him in his place, too.

I especially liked this one: "The letters behind the name give an idea of my background, akin to starting a sentence with “I am a Licensed Physical Therapist…”

You were courteous and respectful while defending your ground. Good job.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The real response to Jason Rss Feed