General Discussion Triathlon Talk » SuperSeal Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-03-19 6:09 PM

User image

Regular
Los Angeles
Subject: SuperSeal Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread
Anyone done this race before? I did it last year and really dug it. Pretty long run from the swim to T1, but flat and fast. Wondering what the water temp will be like...

2009-03-19 6:21 PM
in reply to: #2028752

New user
Subject: RE: SuperSeal Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread
A buddy of mine and I are in for this race as our first of the season.  I've heard it is a fast course, I'm looking to break 2:30 if possible.  My only concern is the soft sand run, which I heard makes up the first mile of the run.  Can you confirm?  As for water temp, up here in LA it's a balmy 58.  Hopefully it warms up atleast a little bit before next weekend.
2009-03-28 10:25 PM

User image

Regular
Los Angeles
tomorrow's the day. course is flat and fast, and yes, there is sand the first mile or so, but it's fairly compact so it's not that bad. Would be nice if the weather would be like today where it was 80, but it looks more like 68-70.

Have a great race!
2009-03-30 2:45 PM

New user
That was a good race yesterday. It was smaller than I thought it would be, but there was definitely some serious competition out there. Except for the chilly wind, the course was flat and fast. I definitely wasn't a fan of the soft sand run. Anyways, I did make a PR and beat my finish time goal by over two minutes.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » SuperSeal Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed