Chalmette Track Club
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 58m 30s
Overall Rank = 27/167
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 5/16
Pre-race routine:

woke up at 6am ate cliff bar and banana. took 5 units of insulin. Loaded up bikes for me and Eddie. Eddie and Leon did this as there 1st Duathlon without any training. Got at site at 07:20.
Event warmup:

Jogged for about 10 min with some stretching inbetween. Left hammy was pretty tight. But it didnt give me any probablems like I thought I would
Run
  • 13m 44s
  • 2 miles
  • 06m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

Wanted to test how my fitness was coming along from training for HIM. Felt good and ran next to Mike Kitto bc I knew he would be sub 7min/mile. Probably could have pushed it a little more but wanted to keep some reserves for the race. Headwind going out. Did 6:50 mile 1 and 6:54 mile 2.
What would you do differently?:

Probably could have went out a little harder but didnt want to mess up my bike and final run
Transition 1
  • 00m 37s
Comments:

Transition was so cluttered and it was in wet grass on the median. I decided to put cycling shoes on in T1 instead of clipping them on my bike bc of the grass. Actually did good with this bc I was able to get up to speed real fast. Passed a few people in transition that beat me in the run.

not much
Bike
  • 29m 1s
  • 10 miles
  • 20.68 mile/hr
Comments:

Super strong headwind going out. Averaged about 17.5-19mph. Coming back about 23.5-25 with tail wind. Hit 28mph a few times. Used areo helmet but Zipp disc and 808 is still in the mail. Wonder how much faster I could have went riding those. Cadence was about 83-87. Quads started hurting early when battling the wind but decided not to ease up.

Throw on some Zipps
Transition 2
  • 00m 28s
Comments:

Unstrapped shoes at the right time. Still at a good pace on the bike riding up to T2. Some guy was right in my way and I had to shout "watch out". The guy ended up being in my age group and later passed me on the run. He got second in my AG....not to happy about that. T2 was pretty fast though

not much
Run
  • 14m 39s
  • 2 miles
  • 07m 19s  min/mile
Comments:

Going out that head wind hit me hard for a run. 1st mile 07:40. 2nd mile 06:59. Decent run. This one guy sprinted like a bat out of Hell tword the finishline and ended up finishing 10 sec in front of me. Of coarse he was in my age group. I ended up getting 5th in my age group and came in 27th overall....I had a pretty stacked age group for this race. If I was 45 seconds faster I would have came in 2nd. Really wish I had the Zipps after seeing the results. Sun really started beating down and it was getting real hot on the way back in bc the tailwind didnt allow any breeze. Wore Newtons Calfs tightened up the 1st .5 mile but went away.

Post race
Warm down:

Nothing. Dranks some Abita Amber. Waited to see Eddie and Leon Finish. Then said they had a good time. Hung out with Tiffany Kitto post race and watched the awards.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Pretty fast for me. New Zipp wheelset should do me good

Event comments:

Fun race to do. Not USAT and only $25. Worth the beer and food with a pretty cool t-shirt. Like this coarse a lot.

Last updated: 2009-03-21 12:00 AM
Running
00:13:44 | 02 miles | 06m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/16
Overall: 0/167
Performance: Good
Course: 1 mile out and back. Flat pavement with very small bump....not too bad.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
T1
Time: 00:37
Overall: Good
Run with bike? Below average
Jump on bike? Good
Getting up to speed and into shoes: Good
Biking
00:29:01 | 10 miles | 20.68 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/16
Performance: Average
Wind: Strong
Course: 5 miles out and back on smooth road with small hill.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:28
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:14:39 | 02 miles | 07m 19s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/16
Performance: Average
Course: 1 mile out and 1 mile back but on other side of road.
Keeping cool Below average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-03-23 9:20 AM

Veteran
Subject: Pelicanman

2009-03-24 8:04 AM
in reply to: #2034154

Slidell
Subject: RE: Pelicanman
I finished that race in 31st place, 59:05.

Looking at your splits I must've been right about 30 secs behind you off the bike (you were probably the one right ahead of me). I think I pushed too hard early in the run trying to catch you but ended up with the same split.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Pelicanman Rss Feed