CIDA
35F / 2C
Overcast
Total Time = 26m 37s
Overall Rank = 91/224
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 8/15
Pre-race routine:

Ate bowl of oatmeal, banana, cup coffee and water............the "usual". Texted Chris (CKinsey) to see if we were still doin this thang. He said Monica (MKinsey) was still running..........well, that was enough for me. If she was going to brave this weather for her FIRST 5k........no way was I cancelling.
Event warmup:

A little warm-up jog...........maybe .5 mi. Stretch..........went with NO pants (well, shorts anyway) haha. Tried to keep the blood flowing and leg muscles loose waiting for the start - blustery winds made that a little difficult. Met up with the T3 group - well represented once again I might add! Chris, Glenn, Mike, Sandy, Monica, Mike's wife (sorry, name slipped me for a sec :o( all ran. Believe Monica had some co-workers run as well.
Run
  • 26m 37s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

Once again.............first mile was too fast, especially into a stiff breeze. Believe I was at 8:20/30 after 1 mi. which would have easily been in the 7:30 range without the wind. Nice course layout and fast track for the Big Dogs...........that group does not include me!
What would you do differently?:

Felt good throughout the run..........even with the quick first mile for me. Did not get my goal today to be in the 25 min bracket..........maybe next time. I did improve on the last race by a half minute........so good news there. Faster 5k is 25:08 last year at Hopedale, so I have so work to do..........again, been working on longer runs in training. Still feel like I am WAY ahead of where I was last year at this time! I need to work on pacing more on the open road..........hopefully, Garmin will help me analyze that more. Stay with Nick (NKinsey) - he is running about the pace I would like to be at for a 5k - 25 min bracket and then build from there.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, chatted with T3 group and waited for Chris and Monica to come home. Was AWESOME when we finally saw Monica coming down the home stretch! Cheered he on in...............high fives around! GREAT job Monica!!!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

FREAKIN 35 degrees and wind!! Why not rain too? No seriously, after the first mile it was bad, wind at our back on the way in. I gotta admit..............I am looking forward to my new kicks (ZOOTS)

Event comments:

Thought it was a very well run race! Lots of volunteers and encouragement throughout the race. Post-Race food was good and lots of free stuf (I like free stuff). I was great to actually run the race cause it would have been very easy to back out due to the weather. LOVE the sense of accomplishment that comes with that!!!

Last updated: 2009-03-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:37 | 03.1 miles | 08m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/15
Overall: 0/224
Performance: Good
Don't have my Garmin yet.............but it has shipped!!! Woo Hoo!
Course: Flat - out and back on the Peoria Riverfront (which added to the inclimate temps and wind)
Keeping cool Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-03-24 4:55 PM

User image

Subject: CIDA Eat Em Up

2009-03-25 12:19 PM
in reply to: #2037729

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pekin, IL
Subject: RE: CIDA Eat Em Up
You run this one last year?

Edited by CKinsey 2009-03-25 12:21 PM
2009-03-28 1:24 PM
in reply to: #2037729

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pekin, IL
Subject: RE: CIDA Eat Em Up
Nice race in not so nice conditions.  Thank you for staying out in the cold to cheer Monica in.  That was AWESOME.  The crazy guy in shorts still outside.  
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » CIDA Eat Em Up Rss Feed