General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sullivan Civic Center Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2009-04-27 8:29 AM
in reply to: #2042029

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
Subject: RE: Sullivan Civic Center Triathlon : Official Thread

WOW!

That was something!  I blew up my legs on the ride.  came in about 46:xx.  And then tried to hang on for dear life on the run.  That didn't happen.  One of my worst runs in almost 2 years.  Started to pick up the slightest of side cramps at mile 10 on the bike that continued to get worse on the run.

That being said, I'll be back again next year.  Wind or no wind.

And next year, let's see if we can figure out a time and place to meet.  This is the second time I've been down there and didn't meet anyone cause I didn't know who was who.   '

And I think my wife got a pace booty shot or two of me so expect to see them up on the thread sometime this week.

Great job to everyone that raced.  And well done to Monte for another well run event!

2009-04-27 8:39 AM

User image

Expert
Champaign Area, IL
RESULTS ARE POSTED!!!!
2009-04-27 1:52 PM

User image

Champion

Sweet.

So, I moved up compared to last year, but still not too happy with my run time.

Looks like everyone's run suffered because of the ride, though. 

oh well, go with what ya got, right?

2009-04-27 8:42 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Illinois
I had a strategy that worked very well for me. Draft like crazy on the swim, push on the bike, and pace off someone on the run.

I entered the swim and sprinted to catch the very beautiful woman ahead of me (I did mention that my plan was to draft in the swim while in line with her and the others around me). I made sure I never touched her feet but always felt a little guilty when she would flip turn and see me right there. I hope she felt she had enough room. Eventually she dropped me when she passed someone and I was not sure if there was enough lane to do a double pass. I did pass the other swimmer but could not catch the lady I had been drafting off of.

The bike was pure pain. I forced myself to stay aero except for the hard turns. The best part was this was the first time I was not passed on the bike!

Then I was really lucky to come out of T2 on Dave's tail. I didn't realize it was him until my friend John yelled encouragement to me and Dave said, "Is that you John?" I was breathing so hard for the first 1/2 mile it was all i could do to pace off of Dave. By mile 2 I finally settled down with my breathing and was able to have a great last mile run with a strong finish.

Special thanks to Dave Crownover, my run would not have been as good as it was without your help, and thanks to the beautiful women that I drafted off of in the swim.
2009-04-28 7:34 AM
in reply to: #2114271

User image

Champion

luv2flyjrn - 2009-04-27 8:42 PM I had a strategy that worked very well for me. Draft like crazy on the swim, push on the bike, and pace off someone on the run. I entered the swim and sprinted to catch the very beautiful woman ahead of me (I did mention that my plan was to draft in the swim while in line with her and the others around me). I made sure I never touched her feet but always felt a little guilty when she would flip turn and see me right there. I hope she felt she had enough room. Eventually she dropped me when she passed someone and I was not sure if there was enough lane to do a double pass. I did pass the other swimmer but could not catch the lady I had been drafting off of. The bike was pure pain. I forced myself to stay aero except for the hard turns. The best part was this was the first time I was not passed on the bike! Then I was really lucky to come out of T2 on Dave's tail. I didn't realize it was him until my friend John yelled encouragement to me and Dave said, "Is that you John?" I was breathing so hard for the first 1/2 mile it was all i could do to pace off of Dave. By mile 2 I finally settled down with my breathing and was able to have a great last mile run with a strong finish. Special thanks to Dave Crownover, my run would not have been as good as it was without your help, and thanks to the beautiful women that I drafted off of in the swim.

Hey brother.  You looked outstanding out there.  You busted some serious tail on the bike.

Folks, what he isn't telling you is that he caught me after starting about 25+ people behind me in the time trial swim start.  They were sending people every 8-10 seconds.  So you can see just how fast he was going on the bike.

BTW, if your email is still right in your profile, Beth got a shot of the you and one of the two of us that I'm going to send you as soon as I can remember to upload them. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sullivan Civic Center Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 3