General Discussion Race Reports! » Jackrabbit Sports Indoor Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Jackrabbit Sports Indoor Triathlon - TriathlonMini Sprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
New York, New York
United States
Jackrabbit Sports
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 11/26
Pre-race routine:

Decided to take the train instead of ride my bike to the Y. Turned out to be a mistake, since the train took forever and I missed my wave. Ended up having to wait around a while before I could start.
Event warmup:

None, really. Some stretching and a G-2.
Swim
  • 10m
  • 620 yards
  • 01m 37s / 100 yards
Comments:

I finished with the 5th fastest swim, which I was happy about. The two other people in my wave were incredibly slow, so I missed having a rabbit to chase. On the other hand, it kept me from going out too fast and getting tired at the end.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

No real T1-- we had 15 minutes to get to the bike, so I changed out of my bathing suit and put on my Brooklyn Tri Club tri gear. Represent, yo.
Bike
  • 30m
  • 19.24 miles
  • 38.48 mile/hr
Comments:

I really wanted to break 20 miles and I came close. I didn't have my cycling shoes, which might have helped a little. Got the third-fastest bike time among guys and was first after the first two events.
What would you do differently?:

Cycling shoes would have been nice,but my cleats aren't compatible w/the spinbikes,so I don't know that it's worth the trouble. Otherwise fine. I also would have picked a bike with the water bottle on the handlebars, so I didn't have to reach for it. There's really no way to pull a bottle out of a downtube cage without slowing down when you're going at a million rpm.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

5 mintes between bike and run. Stretched stretched stretched.
Run
  • 20m
  • 2.15 miles
  • 09m 18s  min/mile
Comments:

I knew I was going to basically concede the run because of my calf injury, so I walked for a while and then jogged at a really slow pace. In the past I've been right around 8:00, but it wasn't going to be in the cards--I wasn't about to jeopardize the rest of my season over an indoor tri in February. Only managed 19th place out of 26.
What would you do differently?:

Not be hurt.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

My calf injury was the only limiter. Otherwise I improved significantly in every area over last year. I had the highest score over the first two events, which were the only ones I could really compete in, so I'm happy with the result. Also worth noting, I think, was that although there's no AG's in this event, if there had been, I'd have finished 2nd in my AG.

Event comments:

I've done this race every year and I really like it as a beginning-of-the-season race to see where I am at the end of the winter. I still think it's a little expensive for an indoor tri and I wish there was a little more swag considering the $60 entry fee. (it's sponsored by a tri store. Howzabout a gel? A pair of socks? a coupon? Somethin?), but as indoor tri's go, it's fun. Doug, who runs the events is one of the best people in the NYC tri community.

Last updated: 2009-02-21 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:00 | 620 yards | 01m 37s / 100yards
Age Group: 5/26
Overall: 26/
Performance: Good
32 laps.
Suit:
Course: Tiny little pool.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:30:00 | 19.24 miles | 38.48 mile/hr
Age Group: 3/26
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course: spin bike w/cadence & speed computer attached to flywheel.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:20:00 | 02.15 miles | 09m 18s  min/mile
Age Group: 19/26
Performance: Bad
Course: Treadmill @1% incline
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-03-27 10:52 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: Jackrabbit Sports Indoor Triathlon

2009-03-27 11:04 AM
in reply to: #2043955

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
Subject: RE: Jackrabbit Sports Indoor Triathlon

Jonah, great efford despite the calf injury, i know how you feel, and you made the right call, it will be long season, no need to jeopordize it in the winter!!

great work!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Jackrabbit Sports Indoor Triathlon Rss Feed