Pacesetters of Fox Cities
38F / 3C
Sunny
Total Time = 33m 20s
Overall Rank = 336/543
Age Group = F 20-24
Age Group Rank = 13/20
Pre-race routine:

Got up, got dressed, had a Diet Coke, quick went to go print off the registration stuff and left with dad an hour and a half before race time. Got there and checked in getting our number tag and tee shirt. Returned to the car to keep warm.
Event warmup:

Does waiting in the car till as late as possible before the start of the race count? Well that and walking to the start line and trying to find the best spot possible for the start!
Run
  • 33m 20s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 43s  min/mile
Comments:

Lined up part of the way back behind the fast runners and walkers. When the gun went off we spent part of our time weaving in and out of people trying to get on pace. Plan was to do a 4:1 run:walk, but because of the trail and overpass congestion decided to do an 8:2 for the first set and then change back to plan. Pace was even and fast but not killer. Continued the 4:1 carrying on a little conversation. Some very cool pictures could have been taken with the weaving trails through the Fox Cities campus. Thanked the volunteers keeping us safe and thanked the water stop people who were at mile 2. Had to tie my shoe after mile two but that didn't slow us down much. The timing worked out perfectly that our last walking break was up part of the pedestrian foot bridge and then we decided to run it in the rest of the way.
What would you do differently?:

Not a single thing. This was just how it was suppose to be and I couldn't be happier with how it went!
Post race
Warm down:

Got my finisher's medal (yeah! a finisher's medal for a 5K!), T-rats ticket for a free game and met a wonderful nice lady who gave Dad and me her ticket because she couldn't use it. Now the whole family can go for free! Walked up to the upper level and headed to the great buffet, which had cookies, brownies, oranges, bananas, bread, and HOT DOGS!! along with water and coffee. Did a little dance about hot dogs for a post race food and enjoyed!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not much of anything. It was a fun run for me, a great pace and great company. I wasn't out to run my fastest 5K ever but instead I did what I needed to do!

Event comments:

I had a fantastic time at this race because not only was it a beautifully run event with great food, a great course, great goodies, and beautiful weather, but running with your dad just makes it that much greater! I look forward to running this one next year and reccommending it to all my friends!

Last updated: 2009-03-30 12:00 AM
Running
00:33:20 | 03.11 miles | 10m 43s  min/mile
Age Group: 13/20
Overall: 336/543
Performance: Good
Course: The 5K/3.1 Mile Run/Walk measured course starts at the Time Warner Cable Field at Fox Cities Stadium lot, trails over the Hwy 41 pedestrian overpass, winds around Fox Valley Technical College, and returns over Hwy 41 back to the stadium, finishing around the red-clay warning track inside the ball park.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-04-04 9:59 PM

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Subject: Run 4 Home

2009-04-05 7:19 AM
in reply to: #2063224

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE: Run 4 Home
Great work sticking to your plan with your dad!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Run 4 Home Rss Feed