BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2009-10-12 3:35 PM
in reply to: #2455528

User image

Master
Vista, CA
Subject: RE: Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL

SpiritFire - 2009-10-12 12:05 PM Thanks Shawn. For those who haven't seen my blog - he's referring to the official announcement I put out today (on a Thanksgiving Monday - hee hee) that my business is SOLD and as of Nov 2 - I am no longer the owner or operator! I'm SO very excited! The new owner is keeping me on as a contract teacher until the end of the year ... so at least I'm not completely unemployed. ;-) HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I'm roasting a duck. I'm very much looking forward to it. It smells sooooo yummy.

Sounds like you'll be celebrating your THanksgiving most sincerely this year. Congratulations, TR! I"m very happy for you. It's been a tough summer for you. Enjoy the quack, quack.

2009-10-12 3:42 PM
in reply to: #2069346

User image

Veteran
Wyoming
SOoooooo....happy and excited for you TR!  How wonderful that things came together so quickly and in such a positive outcome.   So now...what next?   I am very much enjoying sharing this journey and transition with you.

We are cold, cold, cold here in WY!   6+" of snow and no higher than 30* for the past 3 days.    My youngest is down with what I suspect is the swine flu.    

Blessings!
Sharie
2009-10-12 5:34 PM
in reply to: #2455735

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Snow! I miss snow! ;-)

I'll see it soon enough, once I get back to the mainland and civility. lol.

What's next for me? I DO NOT KNOW! And I'm so happy I don't know!

I've applied back to my old police department (Calgary Police), but it'll be a while before I hear for sure - I've been gone for 3 years, so I have to go through all the testing and the whole process all over again. It might not be June until I start back with them.

Soo ooo ... in the meantime ... I sit here in Victoria and wait. I can't port my mortgage back to Calgary without a guaranteed job there ... so ... I'm kind of stuck. I made enough off the sale of the business to not have immediate worries about money, but not so much that I will have to work. So ... if I can get a job at a bookstore, or Starbucks, or a grocery store, or something, in the meantime ... just to kill time and pay the mortgage, life would be perfect. ;-)

So ... for me - it's hurry up and wait. And I really like it - this whole concept of just waiting and seeing where the wind will blow me. It's really freeing. I'm loving it.

I'm loving it. And I'm loving my Manatees! ;-)
2009-10-15 1:01 AM

User image

Master
Utah

Aww, TR, congratulations! I am so happy for you! 

2009-10-15 1:04 AM

User image

Master
Utah

Please send us positive vibes. Tomorrow morning I take my son to a pulmonologist at Primary Children's. Hopefully we can find the cause of the hellacious flare he had recently. 3 weeks of wheezing! So many trips to the doctor and the urgent care clinic. He's never had a flare that long or that bad. Once he had a flare that lasted 3-4 days that was similar, but he had croup. Once the croup was gone, so was the asthma flare. This time I think it started with a cold...but it continued loooong after the cold was gone.

2009-10-15 2:58 AM

User image

Melon Presser
Wow ... quiet Manatees lately.

Amy, prayers and all good wishes for your son! I just can't imagine being in a tough spot as a parent.

TR, sure you saw my comment in COJ, but again ... I am so, so proud of you. Holding pattern is okay ... sometimes we need that in life ... you know, you are definitely one of those people who should write a memoir and besides, you're a very good writer.

I'm up and down, but overall, slowly, my soul gets better. The work and family environment with my dad is a true nightmare and getting worse, but ... I'm learning to detach as much as I can while being kind of enmeshed in it and having it take up a whale's worth of time.

I'm also slowly finding things to do, for myself, and I mean other than training, although I've picked that back up, too. Am slowly meeting other like-minded people. It's really tough in a strange, huge, unfriendly city ... but ... one new friend at a time.

2009-10-15 11:05 AM
in reply to: #2460429

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Yanti - I heart you. ;-)

Amy - what's your son's diet like? Has he seen a nutritionist and tried an anti-inflammatory diet? Has he had food sensitivity testing done? (different from allergy testing...)
It makes a HUGE difference ... basically it's no wheat, no dairy, and a few other specifics, but if you haven't tried it it is DEFINATELY worth checking out.
2009-10-15 11:08 AM

User image

Veteran
El Dorado Hills, CA
TR- I'm SO glad to hear things are working out for you!!!  That is great!!

Amy- sending positive thoughts your way

Yanti- I have to tell you that when I saw your new avatar i thought WOW!  You are beautiful...outside and in   Keep hanging in there. 

Seems as though this fall has brought challenges to all the manatees.  I hope the tide is turning in our favor now!

nothing fun going on for me....work is stressful.  Relationships are stressful....I'd like to just go home and sleep but that wont get anything done around here....so I shop online at work instead

Carole

Edited by happybunny 2009-10-15 11:09 AM
2009-10-18 10:45 AM

User image

Master
Victoria BC

TR I am happy for you but no need to say the Island has no civility.  See I on the other hand think it is the greatest place to live.  So even though you didn't enjoy your time here really no need to put the place down

2009-10-20 12:00 AM
in reply to: #2461054

User image

Master
Utah

SpiritFire - 2009-10-15 10:05 AM Yanti - I heart you. ;-) Amy - what's your son's diet like? Has he seen a nutritionist and tried an anti-inflammatory diet? Has he had food sensitivity testing done? (different from allergy testing...) It makes a HUGE difference ... basically it's no wheat, no dairy, and a few other specifics, but if you haven't tried it it is DEFINATELY worth checking out.

No, he hasn't. It's something I've thought about, but haven't done. I think I am also needing to have some allergy and food sensitivity testing done for/on myself. I don't even know where to begin, though, so if you have any direction you could give me, I am all ears. 

FWIW, moving sounds like it's the right thing for you. Don't let anyone else impose what's right for them, onto you. (((hugs)))

2009-10-20 10:08 AM
in reply to: #2468119

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Find a good nutritionist or dietician who specializes in food allergies and sensitivities, or a naturopathic physician. Even a DAN! doctor - as a lot of the treatments for autism, ADHD, asthma, etc, are inter-related. Naturopaths can do a variety of sensitivity testing that traditional medicine generally doesn`t do - and they`ll be able to then formulate a diet plan that will show real results.
;-)
http://www.autism.com/dan/danusdis.htm

Good luck! Any questions pm me.

2009-11-03 12:55 PM

User image

Regular
SF Bay Area

Hey team!

I hope everyone is doing great. I am back at it again. I have been training and making some progress. My surgically repaired arm is slow in healing and I have pain every day, especially since I am swimming pretty regularly now. The Dr. gave me the ok to swim though. As always, the swim in my weakest event, but I have made some progress. I have actually timed myself for 500 yards. My first time was around 13:40. I ran early in the day so I figured I could do better. I timed myself this week and I did it in 13:00 flat. I did 1000 straight in 30 minutes. The last 300 was a combination of breast stroke and swim. Does this count as a straight swim? Anyways it is great to be back. I was training in secret so I could come back to this group hitting the ground runningJ

Well I guess the Tri season is almost over, but I am getting ready for the week of Nov 20th. I have a work conference in Miami and a few colleagues have a fitness challenge at the conference site. So I guess this is something to target as my competition for the year. Wishing the best for everyone in the group!

Regards

J

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  

of 59