Sunny
Total Time = 1h 29m 2s
Overall Rank = 350/977
Age Group = clydes baby
Age Group Rank = 19/57
Pre-race routine:

woke up,, had a couple of ensure's, farted twice and I was out the door
Event warmup:

Rode the bike over to transition apx 5min?? got in the water to get my suit wet, and wade in deep enough to go #1
Swim
  • 10m 17s
  • 547 yards
  • 01m 53s / 100 yards
Comments:

We entered from a dock than had to swim over to the start,, I was using this time to swim back and forth to get a warm up in.. thinking that a warm up earlier wouldn't help as much. Nice idea but still by 2/3 through the race i knew I should have done a real warm up.. my arms/face just were not getting used to the water
Dave was in front of me along with a few people so I was about in the 2nd row. I had a dream of sticking on dave's heels. NOT he was off like a bolt & I never saw him after that. I ended up swimming over the legs of the people in front of me. I again lined up on the far left since I breath on the right up till the 1/2 nearly the end I didnt' site a bit,, just watched people on my right.. caught up with the prior wave. Hit the turn buoy and cruised on in..Swam till my hands dug into the dirt sprang up and started yelling "on your left" to the people walking up the ramp. The course seemed long to me or I was just cold though. But when I look at my time I should have been much faster, yet I have one of the faster swim times for my wave. so go figure
What would you do differently?:

a true warm up, swimming around just before the start wasn't enough the water was cold and it effected me at the end of the swim
Transition 1
  • 02m 27s
Comments:

started an easy jog up the ramp, needed to walk a few seconds to find my zipper cord, then got my suit around my waist, started jogging again. Pointed and yelled "YOU!!" to one of the young strong guys doing the stripping, plopped down on the ground and he had that off me fast. Once I got to transition I realized I didnt' start my watch, and I didnt' feel like running on the concrete so I just walked through transition. once I got to the bike I got my helmet on fast and since the shoes were on the bike away I went.. Didnt' do the whole jumping on the bike just got on and started pedaling, started to get my feet in too quickly since I wasn't up to speed and had problems with the right foot

nada.. I wasn't in the racing mood... just having fun
Bike
  • 44m 2s
  • 12.5 miles
  • 17.03 mile/hr
Comments:

Some how I didnt' set my computer in the cradle right so for the first 5 min or so I kept trying to get it to turn on.. then I just gave up on it and went with no info, cadence,speed just pure RPE.. Plus I didn't even bother to bring my aero bottle, so I just had one bottle on the cage and only 1/2 full at that. It didnt' matter since I only took a couple of sips to get the salt water taste out of my mouth. there were some strong cross winds on the way back that pushed me a good couple of feet one time.. other than that, not much to say,, I couldn't seem to find the right gear going out, I was always changing nor could I get comfortable my right elbow couldn't find a nice place to sit on the aero bars

I trained pretty good in jan and feb but in March to many other things took precedent over training, but this was still a good ride, I went by what felt like a decent pace and I'm happy with my time
Transition 2
  • 01m 35s
Comments:

did a great dismount, got racked right away, then when I looked down I saw my new running shoes unlaced a bit so it took a bit longer to get my feet in and shoes tied
Run
  • 30m 39s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 53s  min/mile
Comments:

I think I had all of 2 or 3 hrs of run training march so I just ran at more of an easy training pace.. since after all I was also racing the next day. Not much to write about,, talked with a couple people on the run and for each of them it was their first tri, which I thought was cool

train
Post race
Warm down:

found the beer tent and some food.. but whatever I ate threw my tummy for a loop since I ended up in the bathroom really fast. and needed a long nap to recover some

What limited your ability to perform faster:

poor training

Event comments:

Keith puts on a great race, can't complain there.. this is the fourth race of his I've done (fifth after sunday)

Last updated: 2009-03-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:17 | 547 yards | 01m 53s / 100yards
Age Group: 5/57
Overall: 103/977
Performance: Average
no HR for today
Suit: sleeveless QR
Course: just a straight swim with a 90 degree turn at the end
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 65F / 18C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 02:27
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: No
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:44:02 | 12.5 miles | 17.03 mile/hr
Age Group: 26/57
Overall: 397/977
Wind: Cross-winds
Course: just a quick yet bumpy road to the seawall then out and back,, nice strong cross winds
Road: Smooth  Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:35
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:30:39 | 03.1 miles | 09m 53s  min/mile
Age Group: 27/57
Overall: 583/977
Performance: Below average
Course:
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-04-08 8:38 PM

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Subject: LoneStar Triathlon

2009-04-09 10:58 AM
in reply to: #2072566

User image

Pro
NorCal
Subject: RE: LoneStar Triathlon
Hmmm, I must remember to fart before my next race, thanks for the tip!
2009-04-10 9:15 AM
in reply to: #2072566

User image

Extreme Veteran
Corinth, Texas
Subject: RE: LoneStar Triathlon
Nice race Gaarryy.  You finished pretty good even with limited training.  Your swimming has been really good lately.  Do you think you'll be able to get back into it full swing soon?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » LoneStar Triathlon Rss Feed