United States
Cohasset Rotary Club
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 16m 59s
Overall Rank = 1331/1345
Age Group = M3039
Age Group Rank = 246/248
Pre-race routine:

This day was my long run day, so I ran from my house in Weymouth to the start of the race in Cohasset (11 miles). Got there, changed out of my running tights and into shorts, hung out a bit with some BTers before the race started.
Event warmup:

I walked around a bit after my earlier run, and they also had a massage tent so I had a massage therapist work on my legs a bit. They were pretty tight, but I was hoping that they'd work themselvs out a bit after I got moving.
Run
  • 1h 16m 59s
  • 6.28 miles
  • 12m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

When I started the run my legs felt much like they do in a triathlon after you come off the bike, so I started telling myself that it would be just like the 10k run at the end of an Olympic tri. However, my legs never loosened up, so it was a dreadfully tough run and I ended up walking a good bit of it.
What would you do differently?:

If I were to try and do a long run again before a race, I'd have to try and work out the timing so I have less time to stand around getting stiff before the second run. Other than that, I'm not sure there's much I could do.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked most of the second half of the race, so I didn't need much of a warm-down. Walked to the car, stretched out a bit and then headed to Josh's house (BostonBeginner) for a BBQ.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Tightness in my legs from my earlier run.

Event comments:

Considering that this was a "C" race for me and nothing more than a way to get in some additional miles, I'm okay with the result. Even as slow as I am I'm not sure that I've ever finished so close to the back of the pack. But, it was nice to run such a beautiful course, and to hang out with the BT peeps before and after the race.

Last updated: 2009-02-25 12:00 AM
Running
01:16:59 | 06.28 miles | 12m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 246/248
Overall: 1331/1345
Performance: Bad
Course: Beautiful course through downtown Cohasset and along the coast. Some decent rolling hills, and a killer headwind along the water.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes